HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Relief??

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 05:19 PM

Relief??

After reading DU, Twitter, watching CNN, MSNBC, etc, have you been feeling a sense of relief or lack of feeling guilty for being happy about those in the Administration and Senate being affected by COVID?

I sometimes ask myself 'is it wrong to feel this way' and then I read and watch what everyone else is saying and then I answer my question with a 'Hell No!'

It just makes me feel better that others don't feel guilty or bad about feeling the same way I do!!

Thanks, guys, for your part making me feel guilt-free!!

6 replies, 696 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Relief?? (Original post)
DemUnleashed Oct 2020 OP
Binkie The Clown Oct 2020 #1
Ferrets are Cool Oct 2020 #3
Newest Reality Oct 2020 #2
dixiechiken1 Oct 2020 #4
agingdem Oct 2020 #5
DemUnleashed Oct 2020 #6

Response to DemUnleashed (Original post)

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 05:24 PM

1. As somne of my Christain friends like to say...

"God has a plan, and everything is working according to plan. So if something is supposed to happen it will, and if it's not supposed to happen it won't happen."

I should check in with them and see if they still feel this way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Binkie The Clown (Reply #1)

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 05:39 PM

3. They ONLY use that when it suits them

Otherwise, Satan is behind it.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 05:36 PM

2. When you have to weigh...

When you have to weigh one person's plight and the greater good, it's not hard to feel relief for the many who may be spared more suffering that the one person has inflicted.

We don't have sympathy for Hitler shooting himself in the bunker. Should we? When that someone is clearly a force for chaos and destruction in so many ways, the relief should be palpable and is justified and honorable. When a murder is brought to justice, we don't feel obliged to feel bad for that.

Though it was barbaric, Mussolini's fate was also an example. The people collectively made their point about his reign and, perhaps, gave authoritarian, fascist dictators a warning, at least.

Some folks are really adamant about justice for criminals and have no empathy or compassion for them. Yet, they could have one leading their country and be confused about how they should feel. That's a double standard to me.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 06:00 PM

4. While I hesitate to label us all as 'victims'...

I absolutely believe Trump has victimized us, brutally and relentlessly, the past 4 years. Your guilt is borne by your decency. That is natural and human. Trump is neither decent nor human. Please don't feel guilty. You do you.

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 06:08 PM

5. relief?...no...ecstatic...yes!

we've lived thru a nightmare I refer to as the Trump Holocaust...racism, anti-semitism, ethnic and gender hate... pure distilled hate out of the shadows, legitimized, normalized, and into the White House...Nazis in our streets carrying torches..children in cages..the muslim ban, asians vilified, peaceful protesters teargassed, police in riot gear on horseback wading into a crowd of protesters reminiscent of cossacks in czarist Russia, white supremacists brandishing their guns and rifles, threatening and shooting people of color...all "very fine people.."...and finally the lethal virus, the 200,000 plus dead, the 7 million sick because of Trump's malignant neglect and callous disregard for human life..doctors and scientist pushed to the curb and the CDC picked apart..four years of Trump 'killing" the very foundation of who are as a people..and in his psychotic arrogance he's turned the gun on himself...I want him to die but slowly and in excruciating pain with tubes shoved down his rancid throat sucking air from a ventilator..my Jewish god is not a forgiving god...I take comfort in that..

Reply to this post

Sat Oct 3, 2020, 09:06 PM

6. Yes

Yes...for being the horrible, cruel, maniacal person he is/they are, I don't have sympathy for him and his posse....and have no guilt for being happy for what they're going through now!!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread