HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I never thought I'd live ...

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:00 PM

I never thought I'd live long enough to see republicans begging people to vote for a Democratic

Candidate for POTUS. The cult members are all that remain.

On Edit: The Lincoln Project is giving a Master Class in how to fight the right wing bullshit. I hope we’re taking copious notes.

10 replies, 732 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply I never thought I'd live long enough to see republicans begging people to vote for a Democratic (Original post)
onecaliberal Oct 2020 OP
calguy Oct 2020 #1
onecaliberal Oct 2020 #3
calguy Oct 2020 #8
pwb Oct 2020 #2
JI7 Oct 2020 #4
onecaliberal Oct 2020 #5
FakeNoose Oct 2020 #6
OAITW r.2.0 Oct 2020 #7
FakeNoose Oct 2020 #9
Vogon_Glory Oct 2020 #10

Response to onecaliberal (Original post)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:03 PM

1. The Lincoln Project had an excellent webiner tonight

Targeted for repubs and Indies.Quite a few ex repubs making the case against trump and why it's ok to vote for a Democrat " just this once".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to calguy (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:07 PM

3. I have listened to several of those.

As I edited my post above. They’re showing us all how it’s done. Not only did they leave the cult. They’re figuratively blowing the place up. That’s a good thing. We’re never going to agree with them on policy. The one thing they believe at their core is country before party. I have to respect that.

Reply to this post

Response to onecaliberal (Reply #3)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:40 PM

8. I feel the same

Disagreeing on policy is healthy for a vibrant democracy. The two party system has served us well over many decades. As long as we can discuss our differences and respect each other in the process is how we move forward. Right now we have a common threat to our democracy and they've put their policy disagreements on hold for now to rid the country of the cancer. They deserve our respect for that.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:05 PM

2. They can't hide doing this

The Republican Party is finished. They came close to Putins goals but we wised up to them and theirs.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:09 PM

4. They are good but it's also true that they can get away with things that Democrats

would not be able to.

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #4)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:13 PM

5. Before now potus selling out America for his own benefit seemed inconceivable to me.

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:16 PM

6. My Grandpa was born in 1896 and he voted Republican his entire life

... but I am firmly convinced he would have never voted for Chump. Maybe he would have abstained, I don't know, but never a vote for Chump. I'm so glad he never lived to see these years of Chump.

Me on the other hand - I've never voted for a Republican and I'm proud to say it!

Reply to this post

Response to FakeNoose (Reply #6)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:39 PM

7. My mom was an Ike Republican. She'd be a hardcore Democrat today, if she were alive. nt

Reply to this post

Response to OAITW r.2.0 (Reply #7)

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 09:41 PM

9. I hear you! I think my Grandpa was like your mom

Reply to this post

Thu Oct 8, 2020, 10:31 PM

10. The trouble is that the lunatics outnumber the former Main-Stream

Republicans. I never, ever thought that the Republicans would nominate someone like Donald Trump to be their candidate for President until 2016.

That was the same year I was taught that even sensible, thoughtful conservatives (I emphasize the lower-case “c”) and moderate-conservatives were outnumbered by the low-information rubes, the zanies and the liars in the Republican-leaning part of today’s electorate.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread