HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Meet Arnon Mishkin, the F...

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 02:22 PM

Meet Arnon Mishkin, the Fox News analyst who will call the winner of the election.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2020-10-19/fox-news-arnon-mishkin-analyst-will-call-the-election

President Trump has sustained himself during a challenging 2020 campaign against former vice president Joe Biden with friendly interviews and support from the Fox News opinion hosts. But on Nov. 3, he can’t count on a break from the network’s political number-crunchers, who will be in charge as election results roll in.

The Fox News election “decision desk” is insulated from the right-leaning partisan pundits on the network. Arnon Mishkin, 65, leads the group of pollsters, statisticians and political scientists who will analyze the vote count, polling numbers and historical trends and determine the winners of the races for president, as well as the House and Senate races.

The operation has a track record of playing it straight and calling races correctly — even when it’s bad news for the Republicans. (Mishkin is also involved in the Fox News polling unit, which has gotten under the president’s skin throughout the campaign as it has consistently shown him running behind Biden.)

Fox News was the first to project that the Democrats would take back the majority in the House of Representatives in the 2018 midterms. In 2012, Mishkin went on camera to stiff-arm Republican strategist Karl Rove, who disputed Mishkin’s call giving Ohio’s electoral votes and the presidential election to incumbent Barack Obama.

All of it at the link.

7 replies, 730 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Meet Arnon Mishkin, the Fox News analyst who will call the winner of the election. (Original post)
CaliforniaPeggy Oct 2020 OP
lagomorph777 Oct 2020 #1
CaliforniaPeggy Oct 2020 #2
tableturner Oct 2020 #5
tableturner Oct 2020 #6
CaliforniaPeggy Oct 2020 #7
Johnny2X2X Oct 2020 #3
CaliforniaPeggy Oct 2020 #4

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Original post)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 02:24 PM

1. Interesting. I hope this is true.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to lagomorph777 (Reply #1)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 02:27 PM

2. The LA Times interviewed him, and I trust them to get it right. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Reply #2)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 03:21 PM

5. Unless he's lying.

Reply to this post

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Reply #2)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 03:21 PM

6. Unless he's lying.

Reply to this post

Response to tableturner (Reply #6)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 03:26 PM

7. Did you read the article? I recommend that you do.

The journalist who wrote it is a professional.

Reply to this post

Response to CaliforniaPeggy (Original post)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 02:32 PM

3. This is huge

Trump plans to claim victory if there's anything showing him ahead on election evening, not having FOX News call it for him prematurely effectively kills that plan.

Reply to this post

Response to Johnny2X2X (Reply #3)

Mon Oct 19, 2020, 02:33 PM

4. I hadn't thought of that! I think you're right. n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread