HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Joe Biden, Hunter Biden a...

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 11:53 AM

Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and the politics of unconditional love - The Washington Post

...The finish-line strategy of the Trump campaign has landed, convolutedly, on the narrative that Hunter Biden is an inconvenient son. ...

Joe Biden’s response to all of this has been to love his son.

Freely, unconditionally. “I’m proud of him. I’m proud of my son,” Biden retorted in the first debate, after the president brought up Hunter’s drug use — which both Bidens have admitted and spoken about. “No one said anything he did was wrong in Ukraine,” he said in the second.

In the miasma of one New York Post article about Hunter, alleged text messages presented as part of the incendiary package instead came across as the tender missives of a worried dad. “Good morning my beautiful son,” Joe allegedly wrote Hunter while the latter was checked into a rehab facility. “I miss you and love you.” According to the alleged texts — whose provenance and authenticity have not been verified by the Bidens or by other news organizations — Hunter worried he would be a drag on his father’s campaign. “Only focus is recovery,” Biden reassured him.

More at: WAPO

4 replies, 576 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Joe Biden, Hunter Biden and the politics of unconditional love - The Washington Post (Original post)
mzmolly Oct 2020 OP
niyad Oct 2020 #1
mzmolly Oct 2020 #2
crickets Oct 2020 #3
mzmolly Oct 2020 #4

Response to mzmolly (Original post)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 12:04 PM

1. What a sad commentary on how utterly disgusting the gop is that LOVE is seen as a campaign

issue, something to criticize.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to niyad (Reply #1)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 12:06 PM

2. I agree.

Trump is misjudging 'Suburban women' and their admiration for Biden's unconditional love of his son. THIS is what stands out to me as a mother. Not to mention how vile the personal attacks on Biden's son, who has suffered enough in life, are.

Trump did not change the GOP, he exposed them.

Reply to this post

Response to mzmolly (Original post)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 12:56 PM

3. I am so happy for Hunter that Joe is his dad,

and that Joe Biden is willing and able to stand up for and stand by his son so well. There was another essay linked in the article that also talks about this:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/10/joe-biden-hunter-kiss-masculinity.html

Really looking forward to having a stable, loving family in the White House again.

Reply to this post

Response to crickets (Reply #3)

Sun Oct 25, 2020, 01:34 PM

4. Absolutely agree.

Joe is the father everyone wishes they had.

Thanks for sharing the salon article.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread