HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Adventures in bumper stic...

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 06:06 PM

Adventures in bumper stickering in a red county

There I was, sitting behind the wheel in the grocery store parking lot, stopped at the pedestrian crosswalk. One of those pedestrians stopped in front of my car, pointed at my Biden bumper stickers, did a little dance, dropped her mask to give a big grin with two thumbs up, then waved as she proceeded into the store. I waved back. That was one of the more delightful “sticker” encounters I’ve had; most have been brief chats with people happy to know they aren’t alone.

On the flip side, there have been a few opposition notes stuck on my windshield. And twice I’ve come out of the store to find Trump stickers on the car. Another clever soul left a length of crime scene tape across my windows. The car still has the key scratches running the length of both sides left by someone who objected to the stickers I’d added just two weeks after I got the car.

So why do I keep doing the stickers? Because I enjoy those brief affirming encounters. As for the less pleasant ones — what does it say about those who can only sneak up on an unoccupied car parked in a handicap space? So much for the “courage” of their conviction.

2 replies, 677 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Adventures in bumper stickering in a red county (Original post)
madamesilverspurs Oct 30 OP
Hermit-The-Prog Oct 30 #1
kimbutgar Oct 30 #2

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 06:10 PM

1. MAGAts hate your freedom.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Fri Oct 30, 2020, 06:29 PM

2. My late Dad said never to put political stickers on your car

Because of the things that has happened to you. In 1960 my Dad had a Kennedy sticker and someone tagged his car. With scratches. There’s always been these assholes who commit vandalism because they don’t like politics.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread