HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pittsburgh Post-Gazette p...

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 12:07 PM

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publisher threatened to "burn the place down" in a drunken newsroom rampage

The publisher of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is accused of going on a drunken verbal rampage in its newsroom Saturday night in which witnesses say he threatened to “burn the place down” and “close the whole paper.”

John Robinson Block, the vice chairman of Post-Gazette owner Block Communications Inc., is facing a federal labor complaint over the incident. Employees described Block as “ranting like a madman” as he blasted their union and threatened staff, all while forcibly tugging along his sobbing 12-year-old daughter, according to local news outlet The Incline.

Block is a trump mini-me.

Block forced the editorial pages of the PPG and the Toledo Blade to endorse trump today --- using virtually identical language.

All right-wing media is on twitter "spiking the football" because PPG has not endorsed a Republican since 1972 (Nixon).

3 replies, 1094 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pittsburgh Post-Gazette publisher threatened to "burn the place down" in a drunken newsroom rampage (Original post)
BruinDadd Nov 2020 OP
niyad Nov 2020 #1
crickets Nov 2020 #3
SWBTATTReg Nov 2020 #2

Response to BruinDadd (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 12:21 PM

1. Apart from any other charges, there should be one for child abuse and endangerment.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to niyad (Reply #1)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 12:49 PM

3. Agreed. How horrible for that poor child to be treated that way. nt

Reply to this post

Response to BruinDadd (Original post)

Sun Nov 1, 2020, 12:22 PM

2. This is pathetic ... I hope that the child is okay...

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread