HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ezra Klein on sedition wi...

Thu Nov 5, 2020, 10:00 PM

Ezra Klein on sedition within repuker radio stars...

2 replies, 861 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ezra Klein on sedition within repuker radio stars... (Original post)
pbmus Nov 2020 OP
The Genealogist Nov 2020 #1
halfulglas Nov 2020 #2

Response to pbmus (Original post)

Thu Nov 5, 2020, 10:06 PM

1. Big reason why people like Trump ever succede

A nation blanked by non-stop right wing propaganda. Coast to coast, every meter saturated with it it 24/7/365 from 1500 radio stations.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to pbmus (Original post)

Thu Nov 5, 2020, 10:42 PM

2. As far as I'm concerned it started with Rush.

I never heard of Rush until the 1990s. My MIL came to live with us because she was legally blind. For the most part I got along very well with her but oh my, she loved her daily Rush. She depended on radio for most of her company during the day and she listened to Rush and one of the local RW shills who followed him (or later was scheduled in front of him). I would get disgusted by some of the things I heard and she insisted he was "telling it like it is." I would try to tell her that these were not nice men and were not telling it like it is but spewing bullshit but saying it with such authority it sounded right to her. Needless to say, she wouldn't believe me and I grew to hate him. She was listening to the Father Coughlin of our time. Listen to me. I know the truth. Don't trust what you read in the paper.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread