HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Kinda cool watching my di...

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 09:49 AM

 

Kinda cool watching my disgusting murderous bloodthirsty species extinguish itself

This planet, currently infested by a race of ignorant arrogant snots who can't distinguish between science and superstition, deserves better. The Universe demands it.

11 replies, 1063 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 11 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kinda cool watching my disgusting murderous bloodthirsty species extinguish itself (Original post)
disalitervisum Nov 2020 OP
handmade34 Nov 2020 #1
bullimiami Nov 2020 #2
NRaleighLiberal Nov 2020 #3
dware Nov 2020 #4
procon Nov 2020 #5
Chin music Nov 2020 #6
Doremus Nov 2020 #11
Piasladic Nov 2020 #7
I_UndergroundPanther Nov 2020 #10
former9thward Nov 2020 #8
Dial H For Hero Nov 2020 #9

Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 09:53 AM

1. not cool

but otherwise I agree with your sentiment

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 09:57 AM

2. the herd has become unsustainable. thinning will occur.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 10:04 AM

3. the numbers of deserved Darwin awards are stunning

yes, it's hard to watch so much visible ignorance perpetrated with pride

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 10:06 AM

4. Mother Nature does have her way of culling the herd. nt.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 11:13 AM

5. It's NOT "cool" for the rest if us!

As a people, we are not monolithic in our thinking or how we treat complex issues affecting our lives. The majority of people already want their governments to push policies that make everyone's lives better. We are changing and adapting, and the next generation will accelerate the shift in ideology.

Your negativity is misplaced and focused on the small, but egregiously ignorant and destructive segments of society. These loudmouthed, thoughtless and bitter reactionaries drive the news headlines with their faux outrage and shocking behaviors, but they are not the norm.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to procon (Reply #5)


Response to procon (Reply #5)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 08:24 PM

11. Yes but there's an even bigger group that's letting them do it.

That would be us. We're not innocent, we're just as guilty bc we haven't done everything in our power to stop it. We've hidden behind our keyboards and written stern essays. It's not good enough.

To ward off the chorus of "we can't do anything" replies, let's remember that people confronted with equally dire issues in the past somehow devised ways to make change, ie women's suffrage, unionization, Gilded Age, Civil Rights, etc., etc., etc. They didn't have keyboards then.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 11:47 AM

7. Why can't there be an illness

that only affects evil, rich, racist fucks who breed uncontrollably? Maybe it could thrive in golf resorts and sports cars.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to Piasladic (Reply #7)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 07:47 PM

10. I'd like to see a disease

Wipe every narcissist,sociopath and authoritarian person off the planet.

I'd also would like to see the obscenely rich people die off too.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 11:50 AM

8. Much to your disappointment we are not extinguishing ourselves.

I hope you are not referring to CV which in terms of population growth is a minor blip if that. The people dying are mainly beyond reproduction age,

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink


Response to disalitervisum (Original post)

Sat Nov 28, 2020, 11:52 AM

9. We're not extenguishing ourselves. We're merely changing the proportion of the Earth's biomass which

consists of humans and livestock.

Ten thousand years ago, humans and livestock comprised (roughly) 1% of the biomass of all mammals, the remaining 99% being wild.
Today, the numbers are: 36% hamans, 60% livestock (mostly cows and pigs), and 4% wild animals.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread