Romney Told 27 Myths In 38 Minutes
At Last Nights Debate: Romney Told 27 Myths In 38 Minutes
1) [G]et us energy independent, North American energy independent. That creates about 4 million jobs. Romneys plan for energy independence actually relies heavily on a study that assumes the U.S. continues with fuel efficiency standards set by the Obama administration. For instance, he uses Citigroup research based off the assumption that the United States will continue with strict fuel economy standards that will lower its oil demand. Since he promises to undo the Obama administrations new fuel efficiency standards, he would cut oil consumption savings of 2 million barrels per day by 2025.
2) I dont have a $5 trillion tax cut. I dont have a tax cut of a scale that youre talking about. A Tax Policy Center analysis of Romneys proposal for a 20 percent across-the-board tax cut in all federal income tax rates, eliminating the Alternative Minimum Tax, eliminating the estate tax and other tax reductions, would reduce federal revenue $480 billion in 2015. This amount to $5 trillion over the decade.
3) My view is that we ought to provide tax relief to people in the middle class. But Im not going to reduce the share of taxes paid by high-income people. If Romney hopes to provide tax relief to the middle class, then his $5 trillion tax cut would add to the deficit. There are not enough deductions in the tax corde that primarily benefit rich people to make his math work.
4) My my number-one principal is, there will be no tax cut that adds to the deficit. I want to underline that: no tax cut that adds to the deficit. As the Tax Policy Center concluded, Romneys plan cant both exempt middle class families from tax cuts and remain revenue neutral. Hes promised all these things and he cant do them all. In order for him to cover the cost of his tax cut without adding to the deficit, hed have to find a way to raise taxes on middle income people or people making less than $200,000 a year, the Center found.
twenty three more whoopers at
call them lies. Romney wasn't telling myths last night, he was telling lies.
thelordofhell (3,088 posts)
5. I'm just wondering how many lies he can tell in the space of 90 minutes
Romney's gonna lie like no tomorrow and why not........the fact checking will take 2 days and appear in page A26 in the paper if it even gets reported properly at all by the "Liberal" media.