HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP lawmaker introduces b...

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:05 PM

GOP lawmaker introduces bill to eliminate federal prescribing requirements

snip ~

"House Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) introduced legislation on Tuesday aimed at eliminating federal prescribing requirements."

snip ~
"If federal prescribing requirements are eliminated, patients will almost certainly continue to consult with doctors before taking any potentially risky medications; for their part, the pharmaceutical companies will continue to be incentivized to produce the best possible and most transparent warning labels to protect their reputations and limit any potential liability," he said.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/529361-gop-lawmaker-introduces-bill-to-eliminate-federal-prescribing-requirements

If I understand this correctly, Biggs wants people to be able to get whatever medications they want without a prescription.

Now imagine a hypothetical where an orange clown tells the circus audience to take a potentially life threatening drug like Hydroxychloroquine with no prescription needed. This could be the 21st Century's equivalent to Jim Jones' Kool-Aid.

8 replies, 974 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP lawmaker introduces bill to eliminate federal prescribing requirements (Original post)
NoRoadUntravelled Dec 2020 OP
marylandblue Dec 2020 #1
NoRoadUntravelled Dec 2020 #4
marybourg Dec 2020 #2
NoRoadUntravelled Dec 2020 #5
paleotn Dec 2020 #3
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Dec 2020 #6
NoRoadUntravelled Dec 2020 #7
ecstatic Dec 2020 #8

Response to NoRoadUntravelled (Original post)

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:19 PM

1. Does he really think people won't self prescribe if they don't need a doctor?

Can you imagine how many people would prescribe themselves opioids and amphetamines?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to marylandblue (Reply #1)

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:29 PM

4. IKR? Imagine all these people self diagnosing with the help of Google and then prescribing .

their own meds.
Somehow I don't think the pharmaceutical and insurance companies would think this is a good idea.
Something dreadful seems to have happened to the minds of a large number of GOP lawmakers. Every day seems to be a fresh load of insanity. It seems to be an incurable and progressive form of insanity.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:19 PM

2. One of the looniest of a looney bunch.

Reply to this post

Response to marybourg (Reply #2)

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:32 PM

5. That's for sure. Happily putting his lunacy on display for the world to see. nt

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 8, 2020, 08:22 PM

3. Dead in committee.

Never to see the light of day. Fuck Stick caucus strikes again.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 9, 2020, 08:25 PM

6. Repuplicans vying to outstupid eachother

Reply to this post

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Reply #6)

Wed Dec 9, 2020, 08:48 PM

7. It sure looks that way. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 9, 2020, 08:53 PM

8. Is this the GOP healthcare plan we've been waiting 12 years to hear more about?

That being said, I think a lot of drugs need to be reclassified and available at the pharmacy without a prescription. Or maybe let pharmacists take on some of the responsibility? I have pretty good insurance but that doesn't mean I want my doctor involved in everything.

His bill would notably exempt abortion-related drugs from the change

Typical GOP BS. Anything goes except medications related to birth control? Really?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread