HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's bankers questione...

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 08:59 AM

Trump's bankers questioned by prosecutors in "significantly escalating" criminal probe

Looking forward to F.B.I. raids, seized assets and handcuffs for tRump and family on 1/20/21 (unless they sneak out of the country before then).

Snip:
"The Manhattan district attorney's office has interviewed employees of President Donald Trump's bank and insurance broker in a signal that the criminal investigation into the president's business practices has "intensified" just before he leaves office, according to The New York Times."

Snip:
"The bankers determined he was overvaluing some of his real estate assets by as much as 70 percent," two former executives said, but decided to approve loans to his company, including one that he used to pay off a loan to another division of the bank.

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/11/trumps-bankers-questioned-by-prosecutors-in-significantly-escalating-criminal-probe-report/

4 replies, 965 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's bankers questioned by prosecutors in "significantly escalating" criminal probe (Original post)
NoRoadUntravelled Dec 2020 OP
North Shore Chicago Dec 2020 #1
Fiendish Thingy Dec 2020 #2
Yeehah Dec 2020 #4
zentrum Dec 2020 #3

Response to NoRoadUntravelled (Original post)

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 09:03 AM

1. Let's get some results!

Do not allow him to slime out of ANY of his criminal activities, hold him accountable for once. All the horrific things done by Al Capone, they finally put the bars around him for tax evasion. Let's make the case and put him where he belongs!

He believes himself to be dapper in orange already.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 09:09 AM

2. AFAIK, it's a civil, not criminal investigation, as the statute of limitations has expired.

Fines and asset seizure are possible, but not arrest/incarceration.

Reply to this post

Response to Fiendish Thingy (Reply #2)

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 10:35 AM

4. A civil investigation does not use a grand jury,

so I think you are incorrect.

But I understand why everyone's expectations are very low, after so many rich people have walked because their high-dollar attorneys subvert the justice system.

Reply to this post

Sat Dec 12, 2020, 09:44 AM

3. Meh. Bankers are too

..implicated and powerful for this to go far. Besides, Vance let Jarvanka go years ago. He's not really going to push this. That is, if he's the one in charge and I think he is.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread