HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Feds: This Is the Face of...

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 05:58 PM

Feds: This Is the Face of a Serial Predator Who Worked in U.S. Embassies

The FBI is trying to hunt down alleged victims of an embassy worker who allegedly drugged his dates, sexually assaulted them and made sickening videos.

The FBI is on the hunt for potential victims and information about Brian Jeffrey Raymond, a former U.S. embassy employee in Mexico City already accused of drugging and sexually assaulting nearly two dozen women across a decade and several countries.

A notice released this week by the bureau—which has been working with the U.S. Diplomatic Security Service’s Office of Special Investigations and Mexican law enforcement on the case—includes the first public photos of Raymond. It encourages anyone who may have dated Raymond or have information about him to provide details through an online questionnaire.

As The Daily Beast was first to report this fall, Raymond was arrested Oct. 9 outside of a gym in La Mesa, California, where he had been staying with his parents after suddenly quitting his job.

Federal prosecutors described Raymond, 44, as an “experienced sexual predator” whose alleged attacks stretch back to at least 2011. He was initially detained in May by Mexico City police who responded to reports of a “naked, hysterical woman desperately screaming for help” from the balcony of an apartment rented by the U.S. Embassy in the well-heeled neighborhood of Poblado. After claiming diplomatic immunity, Raymond—who insisted the encounter had been consensual—was released and returned to the United States the next day.

In a subsequent search of Raymond’s phone, laptop, and iCloud account, agents from the FBI and the Diplomatic Security Service found hundreds of sickening photos and videos they say showed unconscious women being sexually abused. In some, a man holds open the women’s eyelids, waves their limp arms and legs, or puts his fingers in their mouth, eliciting no response, prosecutors said. In others, Raymond can apparently be seen nude and aroused. A number of the women could be heard snoring in the footage. At least nine of the alleged attacks occurred in embassy housing.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-releases-photos-of-brian-jeffrey-raymond-accused-serial-predator-who-worked-in-us-embassies

17 replies, 4072 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 17 replies Author Time Post
Reply Feds: This Is the Face of a Serial Predator Who Worked in U.S. Embassies (Original post)
Zorro Dec 2020 OP
ornotna Dec 2020 #1
WhiteTara Dec 2020 #3
2naSalit Dec 2020 #2
niyad Dec 2020 #9
Hekate Dec 2020 #16
Miigwech Dec 2020 #4
thucythucy Dec 2020 #5
Miigwech Dec 2020 #6
thucythucy Dec 2020 #7
Canoe52 Dec 2020 #14
tiptonic Dec 2020 #8
niyad Dec 2020 #10
cos dem Dec 2020 #11
Evolve Dammit Dec 2020 #12
lillypaddle Dec 2020 #13
Auggie Dec 2020 #15
elevator Dec 2020 #17

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:07 PM

1. Sick bastard

He needs to go away for a long time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ornotna (Reply #1)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:11 PM

3. like forever.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:11 PM

2. So...

a former U.S. embassy employee in Mexico City already accused of drugging and sexually assaulting nearly two dozen women across a decade and several countries.

And they are just addressing this now?

Reply to this post

Response to 2naSalit (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:00 PM

9. From what I am reading, an incident in May in Mexico City brought this all to light.

Reply to this post

Response to 2naSalit (Reply #2)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 09:04 PM

16. IIRC, date rape drugs cause a space of amnesia before & after administration...

The rapists generally convince their victims that they had much more to drink than they thought, got drunk, and consented to sex. Or that they got drunk and there was no sex.

In the confusion, the victim goes home, has a shower, finds injuries that can’t be explained, and blames herself for getting drunk and saying yes. Remains embarrassed and ashamed. Says nothing.

These men can go on for years and years and years. Several years ago there was an heir to a cosmetics fortune who got caught in Santa Barbara County, one town over from me. One of our local newspapers (the good one) did a really in-depth piece. That’s in addition to what was revealed about Bill Cosby’s criminal career.

Very likely there was nothing to investigate about the embassy employee until finally one woman didn’t stay unconscious as planned and ran out on the balcony naked and screamed at the top of her lungs.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:13 PM

4. When one eye does not match the other, for me, always a red flag.

Reply to this post

Response to Miigwech (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:36 PM

5. Not sure what that means.

My partner had eyes that didn't "match" and she was the kindest, most gentle person I've ever known.

Judging someone by their physical appearance or attributes like eyes that don't "match" sounds pretty ableist to me.

Just saying.

Reply to this post

Response to thucythucy (Reply #5)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 06:46 PM

6. I mean with creepy men. Sorry not to offend you or your partner who I am sure

I would find beautiful and not see the evil "eye" of a predator ... so sorry.

Reply to this post

Response to Miigwech (Reply #6)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 07:08 PM

7. I've had my share of run-ins with creepy men

including one who raped me.

Problem is, it's often impossible to tell the creeps from the good ones. Which is one reason why they're able so often to get away with what they do.

Reply to this post

Response to Miigwech (Reply #4)

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:41 PM

14. Doesn't mean anything, partner has two different colored eyes, very sweet and caring.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 07:29 PM

8. May be

He may be a trump 'wanna be'. A special place in hell, waits for them both, I hope.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:03 PM

10. May he receive everything he deserves.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:20 PM

11. How did Trump overlook this guy when he was filling out his cabinet?

Would have fit right in with sexual predator one.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:20 PM

12. So Cosby like.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:24 PM

13. jeeeeesus

the news just keeps on coming.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 08:58 PM

15. They will find him. Hope he is sentenced to a Mexican prison.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 17, 2020, 09:06 PM

17. If he was arrested in Oct.

why is out now?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread