HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » More than 3 million will ...

Tue Dec 22, 2020, 09:58 PM

More than 3 million will die in the U.S. during 2020, by far the most ever

It would be the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands died in a flu pandemic.

This is the deadliest year in U.S. history, with deaths expected to top 3 million for the first time ó due mainly to the coronavirus pandemic.

Final mortality data for this year will not be available for months. But preliminary numbers suggest that the United States is on track to see more than 3.2 million deaths this year, or at least 400,000 more than in 2019.

U.S. deaths increase most years, so some annual rise in fatalities is expected. But the 2020 numbers amount to a jump of about 15 percent, and could go higher once all the deaths from this month are counted.

That would mark the largest single-year percentage leap since 1918, when tens of thousands of U.S. soldiers died in World War I and hundreds of thousands of Americans died in a flu pandemic. Deaths rose 46 percent that year, compared with 1917.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/2020/12/22/more-than-3-million-will-die-in-the-us-during-2020-by-far-the-most-ever/

2 replies, 669 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply More than 3 million will die in the U.S. during 2020, by far the most ever (Original post)
Zorro Dec 2020 OP
underpants Dec 2020 #1
WA-03 Democrat Dec 2020 #2

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue Dec 22, 2020, 10:10 PM

1. That's 1% of the population

There are about 1.3 million people in the entire US military. Just to give a perspective.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue Dec 22, 2020, 10:25 PM

2. Remember this is only covering 10 months since the first death in the US

We cannot calculate until we get to March to see a full years impact. Add that on top of the collective PTSD from the Tru$$ia Psy Ops inflicted on our nation (thanks Zuckerberg!) and the damages are horrific.

I think we will see a 3% population reduction because of an murderous negligence by the mob administration.
Itís a hoax!
Donít wear a mask!
Hydroxychloroquine!
Bleach!

I see a lot of blood there on your hands too Mitch.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread