HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » With video filmed in secr...

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 09:40 PM

With video filmed in secret, Trump keeps sowing chaos

The video was released without warning Tuesday night, its recording orchestrated by White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and kept from all but a handful of aides.

The video message that plunged Washington into chaos was filmed in secret.

President Donald Trump stood in the White Houseís Diplomatic Reception Room, holiday garland and gleaming ornaments draped on the fireplace behind him. He spoke into the camera not to deliver warm Christmas wishes, but to threaten to detonate Congressí $900 billion COVID-19 relief and year-end package.

The video was released without warning Tuesday night, its recording orchestrated by White House chief of staff Mark Meadows and kept from all but a handful of aides. On Wednesday, few Republicans or even White House staffers knew what Trump plans next, in a return to the around-the-clock chaos of his first months in office.

The moment was also a flashback to the start of Trumpís political career, when he delivered direct assaults on GOP leadership and the partyís establishment. Now Trump appears willing to do that again on his way out of office, potentially sabotaging his partyís chances of controlling the Senate as he lashes out in anger at those he believes have not supported his efforts to overturn the election.

https://www.tampabay.com/news/nation-world/2020/12/23/with-video-filmed-in-secret-trump-keeps-sowing-chaos/

8 replies, 894 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 8 replies Author Time Post
Reply With video filmed in secret, Trump keeps sowing chaos (Original post)
Zorro Dec 2020 OP
Irish_Dem Dec 2020 #1
Blue_true Dec 2020 #6
Irish_Dem Dec 2020 #7
North Shore Chicago Dec 2020 #2
bamagal62 Dec 2020 #4
Corgigal Dec 2020 #5
Rollo Dec 2020 #3
JonLP24 Dec 2020 #8

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 09:41 PM

1. We are looking at the longest month in history coming up. nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Irish_Dem (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 10:18 PM

6. I would assume that the final month of the transition to Lincoln's

first term was longer, and then the President Elect had to wait 4 plus months to take office in March of the year following his election.

But, the coming month with Trump is going to be nerve racking, he seems to be like a corrupt rat that is slowly going totally insane. He is going to be biting at and attacking anyone and everyone that he sees as a threat. I would not be surprised if he starts a real serious incident with China, since he likely blames that nation for his defeat, thereby putting it on his vengeance list.

Reply to this post

Response to Blue_true (Reply #6)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 10:32 PM

7. Yes some are thinking he is going to start blowing up other parts of the world. nt

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 09:48 PM

2. omg

why doesn't a secret service hero take one for the team.

Reply to this post

Response to North Shore Chicago (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 10:06 PM

4. This

Reply to this post

Response to North Shore Chicago (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 10:08 PM

5. Finally

someone wrote what should have been written.

Thank you, I wasnít brave enough.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 09:50 PM

3. Keep the faith...

Trump will be gone from office at noon, eastern time, on 1-20-21.

Hopefully Trump's late term shenanigans will help ensure the Senate turns Democrat.

Here's hoping.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 23, 2020, 10:40 PM

8. This is what the RW populists in Europe have figured out

There are also personal political considerations at play for Trump. Aides believed that fighting to put more money in the hands of average Americans could boost his popularity and populist credentials for whatever his potential next move might be, including a possible presidential run in 2024.

From the link

The RW populists in Europe support expanding the welfare state which helps them draw votes from the left.

Wiki

European right-wing populists also typically support expanding the welfare state, but barring undocumented immigrants from receiving government benefits; this concept has been referred to as "welfare chauvinism".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_populism

I'm left wing on social issues so this kind of thing doesn't work on me and someone like Trump who inherited his fortune doesn't fool me.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread