HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » trumps pardons will backf...

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 07:04 AM

trumps pardons will backfire on him more than he knows,

They'll be forced to testify, and tell the truth, something they've neve been capable of doing. We'll see some turn on trump , even family members before this is over. We'll see some go to prison for lying, again. Soon trump knows indictments will be coming, for him and for his family , and they all are about to get exposed. trumps days are numbered, and he knows it too. Its about to get very busy for the DOJ going after so many criminals in the WH, this administration, and in Congress. Get your popcorn ready, this is going to be a show we've been waiting for four years to see.

14 replies, 1450 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 14 replies Author Time Post
Reply trumps pardons will backfire on him more than he knows, (Original post)
duforsure Dec 2020 OP
dubyadiprecession Dec 2020 #1
Joinfortmill Dec 2020 #2
Hav Dec 2020 #3
Whiskeytide Dec 2020 #4
uncle ray Dec 2020 #5
Whiskeytide Dec 2020 #7
Roy Rolling Dec 2020 #6
Hoyt Dec 2020 #8
exboyfil Dec 2020 #9
Solomon Dec 2020 #14
Cosmocat Dec 2020 #10
FSogol Dec 2020 #11
USALiberal Dec 2020 #12
Trueblue Texan Dec 2020 #13

Response to duforsure (Original post)

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 07:10 AM

1. If interest was paid on drama, trump would be a billionaire by now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 07:23 AM

2. I can't wait.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 07:28 AM

3. Who will be forced to testify for what?

I see that narrative so often that those who got pardoned cannot take the 5th and will therefore inevitably spill the beans or something to that effect. Has that ever been the case for comparable examples in the past?
I wish there would be consequences, I just don't see it as a realistic outcome that for instance, snakes like Flynn or Manafort will suddenly be the ones to bring down Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to Hav (Reply #3)

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 07:52 AM

4. Тяцмр is pardoning many of his own ...

... co-conspirators. That hasn’t happened much in our history, even at the State level. Probably because it was considered to be a really corrupt and shitty thing to do - but I guess that’s never been much of a deterrent for Тяцмр.

Reply to this post

Response to Whiskeytide (Reply #4)

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 08:04 AM

5. Who will be forced to testify for what?

a pardon isn't a truth serum. on the off chance "someone" is called to testify, nothing about a pardon will force them to recall inconvenient facts.

Reply to this post

Response to uncle ray (Reply #5)

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 08:15 AM

7. Except the threat of perjury. A pardoned witness ...

... is not allowed to lie under oath without consequences, and can be prosecuted for that new offense.

But my point was that we are really in unchartered waters here. No president and administration has been such unadulterated pieces of shit before. It has us scratching our heads.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 08:06 AM

6. Fucking Do It Already

I’m ready for *any* consequences. So far, nothing but.

And I understand the need and desire, but making the consequences of an illegal coup attempt and corrupt enrichment while in office a “show” is the same theme that got us where we are.

But the dilemma is when people say “govern responsibly, politics isn’t a popularity contest”, because politics is a popularity contest.

You have to give people enough logical reasons to make an emotional decision to vote favorably.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:02 AM

8. Most of them had an opportunity to save themselves by spilling the beans, they didn't

do that, or they just didn't really have anything of value to say. I think Michael Cohen is an example of the latter. In his last appearance before Congress, the only thing new he could come up with is that trump was a racist cad. Duh, we all knew that, it's what drew white wingers to him.

I think we'll see some great books/stories out of the his accomplices, but that's about it. And most of that will just confirm what we already knew about trump.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:10 AM

9. I still question whether they can be compelled

Because we are also discussing what state charges can also be used. They are still in jeopardy.

Reply to this post

Response to exboyfil (Reply #9)

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:32 AM

14. Exactly. I keep making this point. If they are subject to state prosecution they can still plead

5th even if pardoned on the federal level.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:11 AM

10. Sorry

Two things:

This assumes that some sort of substantive effort will be made to address him after he leaves office. Not likely.

It also assumes they would not lie anyways, which is running counter to their nature by a long mile. They can simply do the "I don't recall" bullshit at best.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:13 AM

11. Sorry, but Manafort and Stone will never testify. They'll all get away with it and

continue to both enrich themselves and damage our country.

See Iran Contra.

We rip Qanon and the deep state people so believing fantasy, but sadly the left has some ridiculous fantasies also.

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:14 AM

12. Nope! Nt

Reply to this post

Tue Dec 29, 2020, 09:22 AM

13. I seriously doubt...

...he and his crooked family will still be around come Jan. 20. That's why he's pulling all this ridiculous election challenge crap: he has nothing to lose. He knows what lies again and all he can do is milk as much cash out of the situation as possible and escape with his family before Jan 20. Only his ego will keep him here. But he has a pretty good sense of self-preservation too and little cash to fight all the legal battles he knows are coming.

Does anyone know anything about betting on this internationally? Like they did on the election? I'd be interested to see those numbers.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread