HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Day Trump Broke the G...

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 06:49 AM

The Day Trump Broke the GOP

https://politicalwire.com/2021/01/07/the-day-trump-broke-the-gop/

The Day Trump Broke the GOP
January 7, 2021 at 6:38 am EST By Taegan Goddard

“Republicans started the day losing the Senate. They ended it with President Donald Trump’s supporters losing their minds,” Politico reports.

“Jan. 6, 2021 might have been remembered for an intraparty battle over whether to certify Joe Biden’s election win or who to blame for the Georgia defeats. But instead it will go down as the day that broke the Republican Party as we know it and began the GOP’s ultimate reckoning with Trumpism.”

“It literally took a riot of Trump supporters in the Capitol for many Republicans to finally confront the defeated president — a moment of bedlam that put those GOP lawmakers’ own lives at risk. After his supporters stormed into the Capitol, vandalized the building and fought with police officers, several typically strong allies turned on Trump.”

3 replies, 818 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Day Trump Broke the GOP (Original post)
babylonsister Jan 7 OP
Demovictory9 Jan 7 #1
torius Jan 7 #2
malthaussen Jan 7 #3

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 06:51 AM

1. k&r

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 06:54 AM

2. "A riot of Trump supporters"

Is that like a gaggle of geese? A crash of hippos?

Reply to this post

Thu Jan 7, 2021, 12:22 PM

3. The great CYA moment has come.

Now we'll see if the American people are going to let these people off the hook and pretend nothing happened, or hold them accountable for their actions and ignore their babbles of righteousness. Several long-time legislators need to be unemployed just as soon as their next election comes up, if not earlier. Everybody who incited this or stood by mute should pay a reckoning. Let's not "put this behind us" until we put the people responsible out of our lives.

Yeah, I know. But I can dream, can't I?

-- Mal

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread