HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » McConnell must find Find ...

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:19 AM

McConnell must find Find Trump guilty.

If McConnell gets Trump guilty he will take the GOP away from Trump and back to the moderate Republicans. For the sake of the GOP McConnell must rid the GOP of Trump.

10 replies, 837 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Prosper (Original post)

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:36 AM

1. I wouldn't say framing it in those tems is inaccurate

But regardless how true the statement -- is there another 16-17 Republican votes out there?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to stopdiggin (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:43 AM

5. There Is If Turtle Announces He's Voting To Convict

He can also get enough to stay home that they can reach the 2/3rds with less than 17 repub votes.

Reply to this post

Response to sfstaxprep (Reply #5)

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:48 AM

6. I was just going back to add

that I think the days of McConnell having that kind of political capital -- are well behind us (and him). Now preservation of the party itself ...? Maybe. But I wouldn't give odds on it at this point.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:38 AM

2. There is nothing moderate about McConnell. He enabled Trump

and only now considering voting guilty becsuse he blames Trump for losing the Georgia Senate seats which lost him the majority leader position .

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:39 AM

3. I do not know if it will be that easy.

A lot of GOP now hate pence. I know your are talking about the moderate GOP but until just lately pence has been playing in the trump GOP. I do not know how well he will be able to get the moderate GOP to trust him to not go fanaticle again.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:41 AM

4. Over 70 million voted for the Big Con...

And McConnell ass hinges on Kentucky voters who love the Big Con....Moscow Mitch will say that he knows the con is guilty in public, but behind those doors, he is telling his senators to vote against convicting...IMHO...

It all depends on how many senators care more about America than there fucked up party...

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 04:50 AM

7. The GOP can walk away from Trump, but not Trumpism.

The Trumpistas are the GOP base. Even after the insurrection, Trump enjoyed a 75% approval rating among Republicans.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 05:19 AM

8. JMHO...follow the timeline..turtle has no intention of voting to convict

Dotard incites terrorists on 1/6
Dems move to impeach him
Turtle says he thinks itís a good thing and will bring a vote, and may himself vote to convict. This would imply b4 the inauguration
Dotard puts out a video with a lame but sufficient back down
Next day turtle is mum
Following day turtle says he isnít going to call the senate back and says he will have to hear the evidence b4 deciding whether to convict

Turtleís first statement put dotard in the exact place he wanted him. Next day, comes turtleís weaker statement, doesnít completely withdraw the threat but rather keeps him in check.

Turtle wants him quiet for the remaining time so as not to further damage republican senators. Bottom line, turtle is protecting himself, he wants to be back in power come 2022 and needs every gop senator there.

To me, very predictable

Reply to this post

Response to Thekaspervote (Reply #8)

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 06:58 AM

10. Totally agree. Even before his calculated leak

I would have bet my house he wouldnít.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 05:46 AM

9. Remember trump recently stopped the IG investigation of Mitch and his wife,

Plus Mitch is very likely compromised by trump and putin . I think Mitch has no intentions of pushing for trump's conviction, and the piece in the NY Times was planted to make people think he would, knowing he wouldn't. Now he's saying not until he's heard the evidence. I'll believe it when I see it, and I think he's playing us now.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread