HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump pardons are obvious...

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 08:26 PM

Trump pardons are obviously for sale.

There's news that Trump is weighing a pardon for Steve Bannon. He's "weighing" it. Either pardon your corrupt inner circle or don't pardon them. But to announce "I am weighing it," suggests the scales need to be tilted more towards Trump. The pardon is just hanging there over Steve Bannon's head, and Trump is effectively saying "I'm thinking about it, but I need a better deal."

If I announced I was "weighing" whether to give a billion dollar contract to one particular person over others, it would look obvious that I was looking for a bribe. Trump is doing the same thing. These pardons are obviously an exercise in quid pro quo. It would be out of character for Trump, the ultimate grifter, if he wasn't cashing in.

https://money.yahoo.com/trump-weighing-pardon-steve-bannon-230800528.html

4 replies, 628 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump pardons are obviously for sale. (Original post)
Doodley Jan 2021 OP
Pantagruel Jan 2021 #1
CincyDem Jan 2021 #2
Blue Owl Jan 2021 #3
halfulglas Jan 2021 #4

Response to Doodley (Original post)

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 08:29 PM

1. Pardons are chump change

Imagine what he was getting for massive defense contracts, arms sales classified info.
We really need a special prosecutor, probably a building full of them to sort it all out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 08:30 PM

2. Think about Bannons role at a potential media competitor to Trump.

Trump wats a simple non compete from bannon to keep him in line...and off air unless itís on TrumpTV.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 08:33 PM

3. Act now and get a free MyPillow

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 15, 2021, 08:39 PM

4. speaking of pardons.

Has anyone seen any of his war criminal pardon recipients in the insurrection? You would think they would be grateful and could be of service because of their "service." If any are identified they can be jailed again and not pardoned.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread