Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
I'm SOOOO GLAD to FINALLY stop talking about Trump! I'm gleaming with excitement (Original Post) In It to Win It Jan 2021 OP
Four more days. Then... All right! dchill Jan 2021 #1
OK OK OK...Starting..............NOW! ret5hd Jan 2021 #2
will be glad to never see him talk again demtenjeep Jan 2021 #3
It already feels different marlakay Jan 2021 #4
He's not going away. He still craves attention BigmanPigman Jan 2021 #5

marlakay

(11,744 posts)
4. It already feels different
Sun Jan 17, 2021, 12:58 AM
Jan 2021

I didn't think it was possible, nothing he did seemed to faze them. I think in a way they latched on to the capital riot as something they could finally divorce themselves from him.

BigmanPigman

(52,040 posts)
5. He's not going away. He still craves attention
Sun Jan 17, 2021, 01:00 AM
Jan 2021

so he will buy his own TV network or something to keep his ego satisfied. He'll be like the con artist/asshole in A Face In The Crowd. He will still be around talking to whoever is willing to listen, but soon fewer and fewer people will care about him and he will try to make a come back. His audience will continue to shrink until he has lost his appeal.

https://film.avclub.com/not-even-a-movie-as-cynical-as-a-face-in-the-crowd-coul-1798254296

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»I'm SOOOO GLAD to FINALLY...