HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Social media 'influencer'...

Thu Jan 28, 2021, 02:35 PM

Social media 'influencer' charged with spreading 2016 election disinformation.

We need more of these arrests! Our russian-influenced president that set the country on fire with words and decrees is temporarily muzzled and still needs to be banned from office. Disinformation from russia didn't end with the occupation of our Capital.

This 'influencer' committed election fraud by using the media to spread disinformation that is dangerous to democracy and freedom. Just words and Free speech? No. Yelling fire in a crowded room isn't. Harming the election is eventually harmful to everyone. Spreading disinformation within our own industry is suicide for America. That path ends in D I S A S T E R not democracy.

POLITICO: Social media 'influencer' charged with spreading 2016 election disinformation.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/27/social-media-influencer-election-disinformation-463170

The charges: The FBI arrested Douglass Mackey, known as “Ricky Vaughn,” on accusations of conspiring to deprive individuals of their right to vote through “coordinated use of social media to spread disinformation,” according to a complaint filed in the Eastern District of New York.

Mackey, according to a 2018 HuffPost report, is a prominent pro-Trump online troll with ties to the white nationalist movement.

How the lies spread: According to the complaint, Mackey and several unnamed co-conspirators sought to stoke confusion about the voting process by claiming on social media that supporters of one of the two major presidential candidates could vote by posting online or texting.

4 replies, 954 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Social media 'influencer' charged with spreading 2016 election disinformation. (Original post)
populistdriven Jan 2021 OP
Budi Jan 2021 #1
populistdriven Jan 2021 #2
Budi Jan 2021 #3
betsuni Jan 2021 #4

Response to populistdriven (Original post)

Thu Jan 28, 2021, 03:04 PM

1. Yes. 2016 & Hillary Clinton's candidacy. Vaughn Was In The thick of It.

His disinformation caused people to believe they were Texting their Vote.
Remember, they only needed to throw a few State's numbers off to affect the EC.

READ MORE AT ERIC GARLAND'S THREAD ON THIS.

FROM 2018 ~ Vaughn gathered a group of like minds!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Budi (Reply #1)

Thu Jan 28, 2021, 03:18 PM

2. I wonder if Trump interfered and delayed this arrest?

If so I hope it will be presented at the Senate trial.

Reply to this post

Response to populistdriven (Reply #2)

Thu Jan 28, 2021, 03:32 PM

3. Eric Garland twitter link above lists all the charging docs.

Vaughn is in some deep shit & FBI/DOJ has all the docs showing the timeline & how he confused voters to text HRC's vote. Only it was a bullsh*t vote that went nowhere.
The level of fraud & deception is staggering.

Hopefully they can trace it all the way to Trump.
"Russia if you're listening"...they were & Vaughn was ready to thow the vote via mass deception

So pleased to hear that this investigation is dating back to the months right before the 2016 election.

HRC won by 3 milliin votes.
The few EC States called it for Trump.
Didn't he "win" those few Dtates by less than 20,000 votes?
?I forget the #)

Damn right Trump knew.
This guy's reach is straight to the top.

Reply to this post

Response to populistdriven (Original post)

Thu Jan 28, 2021, 07:34 PM

4. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread