HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » AZ Senate eyes hiring a T...

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:47 AM

AZ Senate eyes hiring a Trump guy to do its election audit.

Opinion: One of the 'independent' auditors being considered by the Senate for its election audit is a guy who supplied error-laden information to Trump's lawyers. Sure, no bias there.
Laurie Roberts Arizona Republic

The Republican-controlled Arizona Senate is actually preparing to arrest the Republican-controlled Maricopa County Board of Supervisors. All 16 Republican senators have signed on to a resolution declaring the county officials in ďcontemptĒ and directing the Senate president to throw the book at them.

This, because the county wonít hand over ballots and election machinery for yet another audit to tell us yet again that Donald Trump lost Arizona.

This, as the county is conducting its own audit of the machinery Ė one that state Republican Party Chairwoman Kelli Ward and the conspiracy crowd already have dismissed as a sham.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2021/02/02/senate-republicans-losing-their-minds-over-election-audit-jail-really/4366180001/

I'm really looking forward to moving out of here in a couple of months.

10 replies, 912 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to NoRoadUntravelled (Original post)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:50 AM

1. What could possibly go wrong? (n/t)

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:51 AM

2. A state I've crossed off my list to ever live in or visit. n/t

Reply to this post

Response to RKP5637 (Reply #2)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

5. I wonder if Reps ever consider the economic and social

losses they cause their states when they engage in craziness? Good businesses donít want to move there; good citizens donít want to live there. Retirees with assets have choices and want to live in or travel to well-run places without Margarine Taylor Greenesí spewing nonsense and threatening people with guns.

Reply to this post

Response to spooky3 (Reply #5)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 11:03 AM

7. I often wonder that too, and it seems they ignore it. ... I often wonder why some corporations,

for example, get so involved in contentious politics until they wreck their company. One that comes to mind is the pillow guy, for example.

Reply to this post

Response to RKP5637 (Reply #7)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 11:10 AM

9. Agree. I live in VA--not perfect--but when Amazon (also not perfect) was

shopping for a new site from their second headquarters, they were looking for places with good schools, lots of cultural things for their techies to do, etc., not places with the lowest taxes and nutcases in office.

People like the Kochs get away with their contentious politics because they sell so many consumer products, itís harder to boycott them. I feel sorry for the employees of My Pillow (which is produced in Minnesota) because (a) they work for that jerk, and (b) I think many will lose their jobs.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:51 AM

3. I think Arizonans are pretty much getting fed up with the constant . ...

attach on Arizona from people who can carless for "freedom", although that is their crying call bullshit.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:53 AM

4. Concierge Auditing - get the results you really want!

Reply to this post

Response to tanyev (Reply #4)

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 10:59 AM

6. Yeah, exactly. Reminds me of corporations wherein a group gets lots of no's for some stupid proposal,

so, they keep asking until they get one ignorant yes from someplace, and they run with that.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 11:05 AM

8. What would Stalin do?

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 4, 2021, 11:11 AM

10. Call it a hunch, but I have a bad feeling about this.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread