HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ha... Can't believe a Rep...

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 10:13 AM

Ha... Can't believe a Republican Senator said this !!

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/538565-even-with-acquittal-gop-sees-trial-ending-trumps-shot-at-future-office

Interspersed with the traumatic scenes were clips of Trump urging his supporters to march to the Capitol, warning them “if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore,” and telling them “we love you; you’re very special,” shortly after the attack.

“It just makes you realize what an asshole Donald Trump is," said one GOP senator after watching day two of the House managers' presentation.

The lawmaker suggested that Democrats may ultimately help the GOP by sidelining Trump.

Article's premise is that trump was damaged from impeachment regardless of verdict and likely couldn't ever win again.

3 replies, 801 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ha... Can't believe a Republican Senator said this !! (Original post)
Laura PourMeADrink Feb 2021 OP
MLAA Feb 2021 #1
MyOwnPeace Feb 2021 #2
C_U_L8R Feb 2021 #3

Response to Laura PourMeADrink (Original post)

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 10:18 AM

1. The Senator being quoted wasn't named in the article as far as I could tell.

Another coward. When faced to choose between courageous and cowardice, the majority of republicans will choose the latter I expect.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 10:20 AM

2. I suspect that MANY of them

have said it - just not in a way that somebody could quote them! I think that we're gonna' see more and more of them slowly crawling out from under their rocks and claiming that they were only "following orders" and 'they hate him as much as we do.'

Reply to this post

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 10:22 AM

3. Republican nitwits.

It took him a lifetime plus 4 years of figure Trump out? Go get your brain fixed, pal.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread