HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A Majority Of Americans W...

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 05:01 AM

A Majority Of Americans Want To Make It Easier To Vote By Mail

A Majority Of Americans Want To Make It Easier To Vote By Mail

The GOP is pushing new voter restrictions nationwide, but most Americans want more time and more options to cast their ballots, a new poll finds.

By Travis Waldron, HuffPost US

https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/americans-support-vote-by-mail-early-voting_n_602fd34ac5b673b19b67de64?ri18n=true

"SNIP......

A significant majority of Americans want lawmakers to keep and build on the expanded†voting options†many states adopted during the 2020 elections as they tried to make casting ballots safer amid the COVID-19 pandemic, a new poll released Monday found.

The poll, conducted by the independent firm Strategies 360 and Voting Rights Lab, found that 74% of Americans believe voters should have the ability to cast absentee ballots by mail in future elections ― an idea that enjoys support from 62% of Republicans and even stronger majorities of independent and Democratic voters. Among all voters, 70% support the widespread adoption of no-excuse absentee voting, in which voters can apply to have ballots mailed to them in advance of the election without providing a reason.†

Two-thirds of voters also said they would favor expanding†early voting†periods ahead of Election Day, the poll found.

The expansion of early voting periods and vote-by-mail options during the pandemic boosted turnout during primary elections and for Novemberís presidential contest, especially in states that adopted those measures for the first time, as voters submitted absentee ballots or cast votes before Election Day†at record rates.†

......SNIP"

6 replies, 526 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply A Majority Of Americans Want To Make It Easier To Vote By Mail (Original post)
applegrove Tuesday OP
applegrove Tuesday #1
SheltieLover Tuesday #2
Celerity Tuesday #3
Hermit-The-Prog Tuesday #4
gab13by13 Tuesday #5
PJMcK Tuesday #6

Response to applegrove (Original post)

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 05:08 AM

1. Two thirds want expanded voting options. Two thirds like Biden's handling

Last edited Tue Feb 23, 2021, 06:05 AM - Edit history (1)

of the pandemic so far (another post). I wonder if two thirds will be the magic number that Biden hits again and again. This could be a new coalition.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 05:49 AM

2. K&R!

Qpube blatant efforts to disenfranchise voters should earn them long stints, imo.

Glad voters are with Joe & Kamala!

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 05:54 AM

3. Yet millions of scum (who claim to want MIV) will gleefully vote for the Rethug.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 06:02 AM

4. People want to vote. The Radical Republican Reich wants only selected voters to vote.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 06:29 AM

5. Pa. just made it harder,

I just got my notice from my county election office if I wanted a mail in ballot this year, this time I have to provide my driver's license number.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 23, 2021, 07:50 AM

6. Well, they better petition their state legislatures

Republicans around the country are taking steps to make voting far more difficult.

The only way Republicans can win is if they cheat and suppress voter turn-out. We must stop them.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread