HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Christiansburg VA's hilar...

Sun Apr 25, 2021, 08:26 PM

Christiansburg VA's hilarious friendly business sign war 😆👍🤠

Christiansburg businesses battle-it-out in friendly sign war, captures world’s attention

https://www.wdbj7.com/2021/04/24/christiansburg-businesses-battle-it-out-in-friendly-sign-war-captures-worlds-attention/

The Christiansburg Sign War started as a friendly business sign competition. The first two businesses to fire the first shots were a music and shoe store that inspired others to get into the game.

Now, more than 13,000 people on Facebook are sitting on the edge of their seats to see what businesses will post next.

The war began when Jim Bohon, a guitar and drum teacher at Bridge Kaldro Music, wanted to start a little friendly sign competition with neighbor Super Shoes. The sign read, “Hey Super Shoes! Wanna start a sign war?!”

“I think that the last 14 months have been so isolating for people, I think to have something light-hearted and fun while they’re still safely at home on their computers, their tablets, their phones that they’re able to see what’s happening between these businesses,” Woodyard said. “To see the lively banter has really made people excited about what’s happening.”

?1618854156821

3 replies, 1031 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Christiansburg VA's hilarious friendly business sign war 😆👍🤠 (Original post)
underpants Apr 25 OP
soothsayer Apr 25 #1
underpants Apr 25 #2
soothsayer Apr 25 #3

Response to underpants (Original post)

Sun Apr 25, 2021, 08:27 PM

1. Adorable

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to soothsayer (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 25, 2021, 08:30 PM

2. I just added the one for the library