HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » When they out Luntz as a ...

Sat May 1, 2021, 04:39 AM

When they out Luntz as a secret liberal the shark has been well and truly jumped...

Last edited Sat May 1, 2021, 07:24 AM - Edit history (1)

That explains all the angry, misspelled messages in my inbox tonight.

EDIT - looks like the tweet as been deleted...

So apparently Luntz did some focus groups with republican voters and it seems that they are just not racist enough on immigration, for white ethno nationalist cheer leader for hate Tucker, and so it makes perfect sense that Luntz must be a secret liberal.👀

The Frank Luntz that for decades has helped put some really hate filled people in power cause conservative, is a liberal now??? Heh. I am very very sure that no liberal ever has thought - oh look there is that terribly conservative Luntz, let me pop over and give him our top secret liberal decoder ring... our ring is far to precious for that!!!

Trumpers have pushed the party so far to the murky underbelly of the far right that this will now become a real thing. Luntz is gonna get shunned by those he helped put into power... the hostile takeover is near completion.

22 replies, 3581 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 22 replies Author Time Post
Reply When they out Luntz as a secret liberal the shark has been well and truly jumped... (Original post)
Soph0571 May 2021 OP
peppertree May 2021 #1
Chicago1980 May 2021 #2
Soph0571 May 2021 #8
Make7 May 2021 #15
Maru Kitteh May 2021 #20
DFW May 2021 #3
LymphocyteLover May 2021 #5
DFW May 2021 #11
LymphocyteLover May 2021 #12
DFW May 2021 #14
LymphocyteLover May 2021 #17
DFW May 2021 #19
2naSalit May 2021 #6
DFW May 2021 #10
betsuni May 2021 #21
DFW May 2021 #22
dawg day May 2021 #4
2naSalit May 2021 #7
oldsoftie May 2021 #9
tanyev May 2021 #13
Cosmo Blues May 2021 #16
Raine May 2021 #18

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sat May 1, 2021, 06:02 AM

1. The proverbial snake eating its own tail

Don't tread on it, friends; it's doing a fine job of that itself.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat May 1, 2021, 06:03 AM

2. Link doesn't work

Reply to this post

Response to Chicago1980 (Reply #2)

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:20 AM

8. Oh he must have deleted it.

Let me find it somewhere else

Reply to this post

Response to Make7 (Reply #15)

Sun May 2, 2021, 12:48 AM

20. good find! nt

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 06:05 AM

3. Luntz is not a secret anything

I haven’t seen him for many years now, but I doubt his overall attitude has changed on anything.

Frank is the ultimate mercenary. He was already making (in private) noises 15 years ago about how dismayed he was about the toxic state of American politics. But he never let his personal views get in the way of his business.

He recognized long ago that he possessed certain very marketable skills, and sold them to the highest bidder. The Republicans always had more money than we did, and so he works for them. He is the epitome of the man that cries all the way to the bank. His point of view, except in moments of rare candor, when the microphones and cameras are off, is that of whoever is paying for his services. Republican extremists can yell and scream all they want. They don’t pay Frank’s bills, and they therefore have no influence on his public statements or stances. If the DNC suddenly had fifty billion dollars to spend, and they were willing to spend a couple billion with Frank, you’d be amazed at how quickly the Biden agenda found its newest, and most skillful spokesman. The right would yell and scream because Frank had become a traitor, but that would be outright wrong. He worked them because they paid more. He’d work for us if we paid more, although at this point, he has worked for them for so long, I doubt many on our side would believe a sudden “seeing-the-light” on his part. Show him the light, show him the darkness, he doesn’t care. Show him the money. THAT is what he cares about.

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #3)

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:17 AM

5. but come one--ideologically, he is a conservative

Reply to this post

Response to LymphocyteLover (Reply #5)

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:37 AM

11. Publicly, of course he is

Have you ever talked to him when there is no one recording the conversation? He has no ideology other than getting incredibly well paid for what he does. Unless you have talked to him more recently than I have, he is no more conservative than you or I. He cares nothing about political ideology except as a tool of his trade. He is no more concerned about conservative politics than a surgeon is concerned about his scalpel. Without it, he can’t do the job he is paid to do. He has no emotional attachment to it.

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #11)

Sat May 1, 2021, 08:55 AM

12. I just feel like conservativism is his natural framing for issues -- hard to believe

it's all an act

Reply to this post

Response to LymphocyteLover (Reply #12)

Sat May 1, 2021, 09:16 AM

14. Ever met him?

The guy must have an IQ approaching 200. He can be anything he wants to be.

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #14)

Sat May 1, 2021, 04:53 PM

17. No, I haven't. As far as his IQ, if you say so.

Reply to this post

Response to LymphocyteLover (Reply #17)

Sat May 1, 2021, 11:16 PM

19. He is scary intelligent

Scary enough to wish he wasn't working for the other side.

And yes, I say so. I've been around the guy enough to know whether or not he's a mere snake oil salesman or a smart strategist whose intelligence goes WAY beyond street smarts. You don't have to take my word for it, but my impressions come from having the guy sit right in front of me when there are no TV cameras on or any microphones recording his words. You get your opinions from wherever you get them, and I'll get mine from where I get them. If they differ, then they differ.

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:19 AM

6. I heard a news thingy in the past week...

Maybe last weekend, that focused on his recent activities and he said that he had a stroke or something in the past few years and has had a bit of a self realization. But that said, he will never be able to lose the stench of his past dealings.

Reply to this post

Response to 2naSalit (Reply #6)

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:28 AM

10. He knows he must sleep in the bed he made

I’m quite sure that he is content to live with that. He made his choice long ago.

Reply to this post

Sun May 2, 2021, 01:38 AM

21. I wonder if he has thoughts like Stuart Stevens:

"I saw the warning signs but ignored them and chose to believe what I wanted to believe: the party wasn't just a white grievance party, there was still a big tent; the other guys were worse. Mostly though, I just didn't think about it. I loved to win and I won a lot. I loved the feeling that I had a big lever and could move if not the world, then a big enough hunk of it to make a difference."

From "It Was All a Lie"

Reply to this post

Response to betsuni (Reply #21)

Sun May 2, 2021, 04:07 PM

22. Probably not.

He has had a clear vision of who he was working for the whole time. As a total mercenary, he knew perfectly well who was paying the bills. He just did what he was paid to do. It would take an evil of truly monstrous proportions to get him to even start to feel that maybe his lack of emotion had let him go too far.

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 06:06 AM

4. To Tucker's crew....

There is fealty only to Trump. Republican royalty like Luntz and Liz Cheney Are now enemies to them, just because they don't worship trump.

That's great for the rest of us. Frank luntz with Newt Gingrich did enormous damage not just to the government of our nation but also to our language by coming up with buzz words that excited the twisted libidos Of their sick GOPer hordes.

Reply to this post

Response to dawg day (Reply #4)

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:20 AM

7. +1

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:27 AM

9. Every republican i know has thought Luntz was a liberal for years.

They hated that his "focus groups" would DARE to include anyone that WASNT a republican.

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 09:03 AM

13. And the monster turns on Dr. Frankenstein.

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 11:07 AM

16. At the risk of being called on the carpet again

I don't know who you people are making excuses for the guy but he was just reciting a poll he had conducted. Just like most polls that conservatives are reading. What with demographics, the pandemic, and the spectacle of George Floyd's murder right in front of us, the country is changing. He's just one of the many monsters on the right who now say oh look at what I've done, without saying the last part out loud and taking responsibility for their part in it

Reply to this post

Sat May 1, 2021, 07:19 PM

18. I think it was all personal on Tucker's part, he was pissed off and

having a hissy fit because Luntz was supposed to be on his show and cancelled. Tucker was being nothing but a spoiled brat who didn't get what he wanted and had a temper tantrum, waa, waa, waa went the crybaby!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread