HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Derek Chauvin Closing In ...

Tue Jun 29, 2021, 05:01 PM

Derek Chauvin Closing In On Federal Plea Deal, Sources Tell WCCO

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — Multiple sources tell WCCO that federal prosecutors are in talks with former Minneapolis Police officer Derek Chauvin about a possible plea deal. They say Chauvin is close to reaching a deal, and that is what he was likely referring to when he made a cryptic comment to the family of George Floyd during his sentencing last week.

“Due to legal matters, I’m not able to give a full formal statement … I give my condolences to the Floyd family, there’s gonna be some other information in the future that will be of interest and I hope these will give you some peace of mind,” Chauvin said prior to his sentencing.

Sources suggest Chauvin was likely referring to a plea deal in the federal case against him. As part of a possible plea deal Chauvin would have to publicly explain what he did to Floyd and why.

That was, of course, the question that Floyd’s brother poignantly asked of Chauvin at the sentencing.

*snip*

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021/06/28/derek-chauvin-closing-in-on-federal-plea-deal-sources-tell-wcco/

2 replies, 737 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Derek Chauvin Closing In On Federal Plea Deal, Sources Tell WCCO (Original post)
hookaleft Jun 2021 OP
hookaleft Jun 2021 #1
HUAJIAO Jun 2021 #2

Response to hookaleft (Original post)

Tue Jun 29, 2021, 05:16 PM

1. It looks like he is going to make a deal for 20-25 years to be served.......

concurrently with his State sentence and that he will do his time in a federal prison......

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hookaleft (Original post)

Tue Jun 29, 2021, 05:21 PM

2. Plea deal?

He really has nothing to offer....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread