HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » RANT:

Wed Aug 18, 2021, 11:03 AM

RANT:

This morning even NPR was highlighting all the corruption, payoffs, profiteering by Afghanis up and down the country. From war lords to security contractors "so many were on the take". CNN: "It's been widely known", this corruption".

Just asking the DU'ers...."How many of you learned the extent of this corruption from even our liberal media? Where was the reporting, the investigations, the outrage by the Times, the Post, the networks?

I'm sure I could have missed a story or so but if it was such a blatant, widely corrupt practice it surely would have been a top story by even the GQPers.

Rant over.

3 replies, 614 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply RANT: (Original post)
SayItLoud Aug 2021 OP
JohnSJ Aug 2021 #1
MenloParque Aug 2021 #2
SayItLoud Aug 2021 #3

Response to SayItLoud (Original post)

Wed Aug 18, 2021, 11:17 AM

1. Too busy covering Hillary's emails

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SayItLoud (Original post)

Wed Aug 18, 2021, 11:49 AM

2. The corruption has been reported

For those of us who served in Afghanistan, the poppy palaces, the crates of US made M16s and green tipped 556 ammo being passed around to anyone who wants a rifle and ammo, corruption was thick. If you havenít heard or read about the corruption you havenít paid attention. Washington Post has been writing on the corruption for years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/investigations/afghanistan-papers/afghanistan-war-corruption-government/

Reply to this post

Response to MenloParque (Reply #2)

Wed Aug 18, 2021, 12:12 PM

3. Thank you for your service in Afghanistan. And fyi,

I have been paying attention.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread