HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ex-Fox News Reporter Warn...

Fri Oct 29, 2021, 08:25 AM

Ex-Fox News Reporter Warns Tucker Carlson's Jan. 6 Series Is Intended To Do 1 Thing

Carl Cameron on Thursday accused his old network Fox News, where he was chief political correspondent until 2017, of betraying its audience with Tucker Carlson’s upcoming series about the Jan. 6 insurrection.

A widely criticized trailer for “Patriot Purge” — set to stream Monday on Fox Nation — includes the baseless claim that the U.S. Capitol riot was a “false flag” operation.

Cameron has slammed the “partisan misinformation” pumped out by right-wing hosts at his former employer before. He and Cooper acknowledged Carlson’s full series may not plunge as deeply into conspiracy theory territory as the promo suggests.

But Cameron, once known as “Campaign Carl,” said it was “really frightening and, frankly, it’s a betrayal to the audience, it’s a betrayal to the public.”

“Some of what is espoused or is meant to espouse just in that trailer suggests that there is more violence to come,” Cameron said. “And that’s a big, big rock around the author’s neck if that trailer and this upcoming thing actually does that. There are clearly huge divides in this country, the media shouldn’t be putting more gas on the fire.” ..........(more)

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/carl-cameron-tucker-carlson-jan-6-special_n_617bae5fe4b0657357477c7b?

4 replies, 1180 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ex-Fox News Reporter Warns Tucker Carlson's Jan. 6 Series Is Intended To Do 1 Thing (Original post)
marmar Oct 29 OP
Botany Oct 29 #1
Lovie777 Oct 29 #2
Wounded Bear Oct 29 #3
Carlitos Brigante Oct 29 #4

Response to marmar (Original post)

Fri Oct 29, 2021, 08:39 AM

1. Sure it is all based on lies but it is on Fox and those mouth breathers who watch Tucker and Fox...

... will suck in those lies and believe every word. What was it something like 80% of the
Fox watchers believed that Iraq really had WMDs?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Oct 29, 2021, 08:42 AM

2. I come to the same conclusion . . .

And I think we are ready for them and they know it.

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 29, 2021, 09:18 AM

3. Not to worry, it's just "entertainment" not really commentary...

(Didn't think I really needed that, but thought I'd be sure. )

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 29, 2021, 09:20 AM

4. Got "news" for you bruh, it was garbage when you worked there. It's garbage now and

will continue to be. The fish rots from the head and that walking, talking, wrinkly ass Australian tumor is it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread