HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'She's Lost It': Bill Bar...

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 03:32 PM

'She's Lost It': Bill Barr Claims Maria Bartiromo Called Him to Scream About Election Lies

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-barr-claims-maria-bartiromo-called-him-to-scream-about-election-lies

One of Donald Trump’s favorite news hosts—Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo—reportedly got so vexed about election conspiracy theories last year that she called up then-Attorney General Bill Barr in a rage. Bartiromo was one of the highest profile pushers of Trump’s baseless claims of election fraud following the 2020 election, and the ex-president has frequently turned to her for live interviews over the past five years.

In his new book, Betrayal, ABC News Washington correspondent Jonathan Karl reports that the Fox host screamed down the phone at Barr last November after Trump’s defeat. According to Karl, Bartiromo “called Barr to complain that the DOJ hadn’t done anything to stop the Democrats from stealing the election.” Barr told Karl on the record: “She called me up and she was screaming... I yelled back at her. She’s lost it.” Bartiromo didn’t directly respond to Barr’s claim, but Fox News Media spokesperson denied Barr’s account of the conversation on her behalf.

All the other cray hosts with the pumped-up lips...............

11 replies, 911 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Celerity (Original post)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 03:37 PM

1. Wow, Karl couldn't wait to report on this!

Barely a year after the events described, and Karl's own admission that he knew about it on the record in real time, Jonathan saved this story for his book, which he's now trying to sell. Do better, if you please, ABC News. Your employees seem far more loyal to their book sales than in doing the job you pay them to do.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gratuitous (Reply #1)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 03:38 PM

2. A special kind of treason.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 03:43 PM

3. The hubris of this woman to think she is so damn important that she could call

the US AG and say anything to him, let alone yell at him. I know it is Barr but still it shows her hubris.

Reply to this post

Response to Bev54 (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 03:52 PM

4. Bartiromo Slammed for 'Delusional' Trump Interview: 'Not Much Daylight Between Maria and Alex Jones'

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/maria-bartiromo-slammed-delusional-trump-191736747.html

Fox News’ Maria Bartiromo is being scorched on social media for not pushing back at Donald Trump’s unsubstantiated claims that the election was stolen from him.

During the Sunday morning interview – the president’s first since losing the race to Joe Biden — Trump called the election “rigged” and a “fraud” in what journalist Yashar Ali called “practically a monologue,” as Bartiromo let him go on endlessly unchecked without mentioning the dozens of setbacks that his legal team has had in courts. Instead, Bartiromo echoed his outrage.

“This is disgusting and we cannot allow America’s election to be corrupted,” she said.

Reply to this post

Response to Bev54 (Reply #3)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 04:35 PM

8. You bang enough CEOs in your career and you think all powerful men will answer to you.

The Money Honeytrap

Reply to this post

Response to ZonkerHarris (Reply #8)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 04:58 PM

9. I only listened to her voice once in my life and that was enough

Can't imagine how anyone could stand listening to her.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 04:00 PM

5. She's a pathetic excuse of a journalist.

not even close

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 04:06 PM

6. The enablers like Christie and Barr seemingly shocked by the Trump lie machine are laughable

None of this happened in a vacuum. Barr standing with the Bible pumping Trump at St John’s Episcopal Church helped create the myth of Trump as some sort of savior. That people actually bought into the charade should not come as a surprise.

Reply to this post

Response to Raven123 (Reply #6)

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 04:25 PM

7. I think she's working for Putin nt

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 15, 2021, 05:03 PM

10. Took me a second. "why is Bartiromo mad at a comedian?"

Bill Burr, William Barr.

Now it makes more sense.