HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Driver Who Caused Crash t...

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 07:23 AM

Driver Who Caused Crash that Killed Motorcyclist He Claimed Flashed Middle Finger Gets Prison

https://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article255963067.html

Several witnesses saw the crash, Shelton said in court. Rufo abruptly passed Strain, then swerved back in front of Strain and braked, causing the crash, Shelton said in court. Strain, a father and husband, lost control of his motorcycle when it crashed into Rufo’s truck and was slammed against a guard rail, Shelton said. Rufo claimed to S.C. Highway Patrol troopers Strain gave Rufo a middle finger gesture before the crash, Shelton said in court.

“He (Rufo) claimed Mr. Strain flipped him off and (Strain) patted his saddle bags as if he had a gun,” Shelton said in court. “One of the eyewitnesses would have testified that Mr. Rufo said, ‘You didn’t see what he (Strain) did, he had it coming.’ ”

Rufo also claimed to police he braked in front of Strain because of other traffic, Shelton said in court. But several witnesses who saw the collision refuted that claim, Shelton said.

Read more at: https://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/crime/article255963067.html#storylink=cpy

3 replies, 762 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Driver Who Caused Crash that Killed Motorcyclist He Claimed Flashed Middle Finger Gets Prison (Original post)
Demovictory9 Nov 25 OP
Tomconroy Nov 25 #1
Delarage Nov 25 #2
rickford66 Nov 25 #3

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 07:57 AM

1. I guess the lesson here is: Don't kill somebody just because

he gives you the middle finger. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Demovictory9 (Original post)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 08:03 AM

2. How I deal with road rage

Whenever people are seemingly assholes on the road, I try to tell myself that maybe they are rushing to a hospital or to help a loved one in distress. Most likely not true, but that helps me calm down. Not worth fighting/dying over.

Reply to this post

Response to Delarage (Reply #2)

Thu Nov 25, 2021, 08:40 AM

3. Get a dash cam.

I show my friends all the idiots I see almost daily. Good to have in case of an accident.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread