HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Okay, this makes me fucki...

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:26 PM

Okay, this makes me fucking nuts

On CNN just now Alyson Camerota asked one of the leading voices about the vaccination record in US, well, Biden promised he would get rid of the virus, so hasn't he failed at that? HOW CAN HE GET RID OF IT (OR ANY OTHER COUNTRY FOR THAT MATTER) WHEN THERE ARE MILLIONS OF JUST PLAIN IDIOTS OUT THERE WHO WON'T TAKE THE VACCINE, FOR ALL THEIR STUPID REASONS? What can he do....have squads of medical personnel hold them down and forcibly give them a shot? We are never getting rid of it. Either that, or just wait until all those idiots fall ill and die.

I was supposed to start my Christmas Markets of Germany, Switzerland and Austria trip yesterday, but Austria is on lockdown so they cancelled the whole trip.
Who knows when it will be available again, next year? That's what I said last year. I realize other folks have more dire situations, but it just fries my cookies. I'm my mother's caregiver, and I NEEDED that trip!

End of rant.

33 replies, 6272 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 33 replies Author Time Post
Reply Okay, this makes me fucking nuts (Original post)
Beatlelvr Nov 2021 OP
grumpyduck Nov 2021 #1
11 Bravo Nov 2021 #24
peacefreak2.0 Nov 2021 #2
Vinca Nov 2021 #3
sop Nov 2021 #4
DeeNice Nov 2021 #6
gab13by13 Nov 2021 #9
Justice matters. Nov 2021 #18
Progressive Jones Nov 2021 #25
OrangeJoe Dec 2021 #31
COL Mustard Nov 2021 #20
electric_blue68 Nov 2021 #5
nocoincidences Nov 2021 #8
Beatlelvr Nov 2021 #14
Hortensis Nov 2021 #7
barbtries Nov 2021 #10
COL Mustard Nov 2021 #21
OrangeJoe Dec 2021 #32
barbtries Dec 2021 #33
Caliman73 Nov 2021 #11
Fiendish Thingy Nov 2021 #12
Beatlelvr Nov 2021 #16
DanieRains Nov 2021 #13
Native Nov 2021 #15
Rebl2 Nov 2021 #17
FakeNoose Nov 2021 #19
Evolve Dammit Nov 2021 #22
paleotn Nov 2021 #23
Larissa Nov 2021 #26
live love laugh Nov 2021 #27
Beatlelvr Nov 2021 #29
Septua Nov 2021 #28
The Wizard Dec 2021 #30

Response to Beatlelvr (Original post)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:30 PM

1. Is she channeling Peter Doofy?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to grumpyduck (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:42 PM

24. You misspelled Douchey.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:33 PM

2. It's wearing on us all.

Very close to broke, should get a pt job (Iím 70). The last thing I want to do is work in public. Another winter of isolation. Yeah, itís getting pretty old.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:37 PM

3. I heard that, too, and I muttered a nasty word under my breath aimed at Alyson Camerota.

WTF do they think? The last guy said he was God, acted like God and embarrassed God because he didn't deliver on anything but tax cuts for the rich. Joe is a humble man who would never tell anyone if he could eliminate the virus completely. Yet he has managed to save hundreds of thousands of lives by his actions against the virus.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:40 PM

4. When they say "Biden failed to get rid of the virus," the response should be "no, Republicans

failed to get the vaccine." Hit them with the facts:

"Of Americans surveyed from Sept. 13-22, 72% of adults 18 and older had been vaccinated, including 71% of white Americans, 70% of Black Americans, and 73% of Hispanics. Contrast these converging figures with disparities based on politics: 90% of Democrats had been vaccinated, compared with 68% of Independents and just 58% of Republicans." (Brookings)

Reply to this post

Response to sop (Reply #4)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:51 PM

6. thank you. /nt

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:59 PM

9. The #1 right wing narrative

all over cable news is that president Biden is failing. It is total nonsense, I defy anyone to give me 1 example of how our president is failing. S1 and BBB are on Chuck Schumer, the executive branch doesn't write and pass legislation.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #9)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:17 PM

18. They count on the millions of ignoramusses of how the government works.

So when they follow up with 'it should be drowned in a bathtub' they all agree.

What they don't know is, without the government, it would be Bye-Bye Social Security, Medicare, MedicAid, ACA, the military (welcome Putin & XI), post offices, roads, bridges, airports, seaports, et al.

75 million of these idiots voted for the criminal orange terrorist!

Reply to this post

Response to Justice matters. (Reply #18)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:47 PM

25. I'd wager that my 13 year old daughter knows more about the US government, and how it works,

than a majority of Americans.

Americans can be the most politically ignorant and illiterate citizens on this planet.

Reply to this post

Response to gab13by13 (Reply #9)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 02:42 PM

31. That is their plan

All of the leading Republicans are vaxxed but they lie to the dupes hoping a large number of them will die, the economy will stall, people will get tired of masks and restrictions and Biden will take the blame. And their plan is working. The thing progressives miss every time is underestimating the stupidity of the public. Republicans actually get it. Think about it; the pandemic is still raging yet the opposition party isn't offering any policies to address the issue but advocating denial and quackery.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:32 PM

20. IMHO, JRB Has Done Eveything A President Should Do

He's consistently pushed vaccines and vaccinations, to the point of issuing an Executive Order that all Federal employees (military and civilian) and all Federal contractors have to be vaxxed. He listens to and espouses what the public health experts are doing (and Fauci has been doing that for more than 40 years), and yet a whole buncha assholes won't get the simple vaccination series but want to blame JRB? They should take their Ivermectin, go stick a UV light up their asses, and drink some bleach. That'll cure the pandemic.

I was on a Whole of Government task force last year, so I saw and understood how masks reduce the spread of the virus...I always have one with me. And yet after going on two years of having to wear the goddam things because of the aforementioned assholes, I'm sick of wearing it and look forward to the day when we don't have to anymore.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:48 PM

5. I guess Joe has to go back to Olivanders and get a Better Magic Wand! 🙄

What a stupid /or provokative question from that person.

So sorry you lost vacation respite under your trying circumstances!

Is it (while NOT the same) possible maybe going to a favorite city, or town you've wanted to visit (in a well vacinated area!) for like 5 days or so? Just a thought - I lived with parents who ended up having serious medical issues way before they were old. Saw waaay too many hospital visits

I know nothing about you but I know a friend that has been fairly well off till recently (went into their business) used to take a couple of those when they've been over stressed.

Reply to this post

Response to electric_blue68 (Reply #5)

Response to electric_blue68 (Reply #5)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:58 PM

14. Yes! I have thought of that

Being in So Cal, I really wanted to see some snow! ( you folks from snow country--stop laughing). Maybe Grand Canyon, Utah, Colorado. Even High Sierras. One bucket list item is the northern lights, and have seen a trip that starts in Vancouver and goes up to Whitehorse.
Hmmmmmmm.

Thank you for all your great responses.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 03:52 PM

7. I'm so sorry about your trip, Beatlelvr. That's rotten. As for Camerota,

she was brought to CNN from Fox to do the same thing on CNN as she did on Fox, same general agenda, just delivering its deceits in sips to the vulnerable rather than gulps to the eager.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:24 PM

10. this is not Biden's failure.

it's the fucking republican, liberal hating, trump worshipping fucking idiots!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah i'm pissed too. Take a trip stateside, it won't be the same but you deserve the respite.

Reply to this post

Response to barbtries (Reply #10)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:33 PM

21. See My Comment Above

Reply to this post

Response to barbtries (Reply #10)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 02:46 PM

32. Go to Mexico

We spent 2 weeks in Mexico City recently. Everyone wears masks, temps are taken before you enter buildings, 97% of the adults are vaccinated in CDMX, everywhere there are poster about vaccinations, masks, social distancing, etc. They are so much more serious about this than we are in the States it was actually shocking to come back here and see how we aren't doing squat to whip this thing.

Reply to this post

Response to OrangeJoe (Reply #32)

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 03:51 PM

33. My son had the same experience.

He went down somewhere on the West coast of Mexico (surfs and fishes) and said he felt so safe there.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:41 PM

11. Camerota is trash...

Here is Joe Biden's "promise"...

"Iím never going to raise the white flag and surrender. Weíre going to beat this virus. Weíre going to get it under control, I promise you. "

Granted, with situations where the actions of others are absolutely required, such directed statements can come back to bite you in the butt. However, while President Biden has been in politics for 4 decades, he is not some slimy politician that uses weasel words. He usually speaks in a very straightforward manner. This leaves him open to the criticism that cynical pieces of trash like Camerota will jump on.

He said that he would not just surrender to the virus (the way Trump did). He said "WE'RE going to beat the virus. WE'RE going to get it under control." This could mean that his administration, or it could mean WE the people are going to do those things. One thing that President Obama did often was say what he wanted, and what he had the power to do, but he would also implore people, "Make me do it" meaning to put pressure on the representatives, be loud, be advocates to force government to act. Biden is forcing people to get vaccinated where he can. He is using the power of the National government where he has the power. He is walking that line between public safety and overstep. The problem is that while the National government is very powerful, there are limits and partisan hacks within the State and local governments are pushing back for completely partisan hack reasons, not having ANYTHING to do with public health and safety.

Where we are is not a failure of Biden or his administration. It is a collective failure of the Republican Party, Conservatives, and the stupid people who follow them.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:49 PM

12. Pro tip: CNN is useless as a source of news. Turn it off, lower your blood pressure. Nt

Reply to this post

Response to Fiendish Thingy (Reply #12)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:01 PM

16. Good idea

The only show I really like is Anderson Cooper.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:53 PM

13. Unvaccinated Republicans Are Getting Sick And Dying To Make Biden Look Bad

That pretty much sums it up Alyson.

Any more questions?

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 04:59 PM

15. So what was the response?

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:13 PM

17. So this leading voice you speak of

What was their response. Did they mention he canít force people to get the vaccine. I quit watching cnn long ago because of this kind of thing.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:24 PM

19. There will always be Christmas Markets next year, my friend

The European countries are smart to shut down their travel-intensive magnet shows right now. They actually did you a favor. We're having a small Christmas Market in Pittsburgh this year. Why don't you come here instead?

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:34 PM

22. I feel your pain. Truly.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 05:39 PM

23. I guess Biden didn't personally chase down, tackle and

forcibly vaccinate the vax slackers.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 06:34 PM

26. Tongue in cheek: Forced vaccinations

Half measures avail us nothing. When all else fails . . .

Human Rights Watch: "On Aug. 31, Hunan police went to Zhang Jianpingís home and questioned him about why he refused to get a COVID-19 vaccine. Both the Ministry of Education and the National Health Commission stipulated that vaccination should only be carried out with informed consent, Mr. Zhang says he told them. He stated explicitly that he was not informed, did not agree and did not want to be jabbed. Later, the police officers forced him into a car heading to a hospital. With several people holding down his legs and arms, Mr. Zhang was injected with a vaccine.

Mr. Zhangís story is not an isolated account. A frenzy of forced vaccinations began in July after President Xi Jinping set a target of fully vaccinating 1.1 billion people, or 80 per cent of the population, by the end of October."

https://www.hrw.org/news/2021/09/28/chinas-use-force-and-coercion-drive-its-covid-19-vaccination-rate-not-answer#

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 07:11 PM

27. When did he promise to get rid of the virus?

Reply to this post

Response to live love laugh (Reply #27)

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 09:01 PM

29. That's what Camerota said on CNN.

I don't know if he used those exact words during the campaign.

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 30, 2021, 07:26 PM

28. It's insane...

..just insane.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 1, 2021, 12:57 PM

30. Didn't Pox News and

the Repubic propaganda machine convince the rubes and dupes to avoid the vaccine?
Nietzsche was right.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread