HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The real Brandon dude got...

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 11:58 AM

The real Brandon dude got to know his name-chanters & feels their pain - his OpEd

I saw the interview that gave rise to the wingnut chant that uses his name to cover "F-Biden" and, since it came about from the reporter's error or her deflecting the crowd's profanity, I thought from the beginning that the dude himself ought to clear the air one way or the other about how his name was being used - whether he saw it as a use or abuse of his name.

I'll say that in the interview he was totally focused on his own winning race and came across as a sincere person, oblivious to the outside noise. He says he stayed silent because his advisers told him to since sponsors might be scared off if he responded.

But he says he has used this time of silence to listen to the chanters (who are hater/wingnuts) and he commiserates with them about the economic hard times and about how the government doesn't hear them that they claim to be expressing in their "F-Biden" use of his name. And while he says he's not interested in politics or telling anybody who to vote for, he further says that in his spare time he will speak out in favor of what he's learned from his chanters.

Methinks he's a short step away from SANDMANN and RITTENHOUSE.

******QUOTE******

https://www.newsweek.com/my-name-brandon-opinion-1660525
OPINION
My Name Is Brandon | Opinion

.... I am fully aware that the millions of Americans chanting my name know little about me or about my winning the Talladega race that day. But I have spent the last few weeks getting to know more about them, and I'd like to share a little more about myself. ....

Those who thought this would all go away appear not to understand why millions of people are chanting my name. ....

I understand that millions of people are struggling right now and are frustrated. Struggling to get by and struggling to build a solid life for themselves and their families, and wondering why their government only seems to make it worse. People have a right to frustration—even anger. ....

To my fans, to NASCAR fans and to everyone who has chanted my name: I dedicate myself this upcoming season to compete hard on the racetrack and to spotlight issues that are important to me and to millions of Americans across the country. ....

****UNQUOTE*******

18 replies, 1701 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to UTUSN (Original post)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:15 PM

1. Well, isn't he just a bundle of sweetness and light

He seems fond of the word "millions," doesn't he?

Well, in keeping with the spirit of the season, I'll quote Bob Cratchit's wife: "Long life to him! A merry Christmas and a happy New Year! He'll be very merry and very happy, I have no doubt!"

And God bless us all, every one!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Glorfindel (Reply #1)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:21 PM

3. "fond of the word 'millions' " - *nailed*! - as beholden to them as to his sponsors. Bless his heart

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:15 PM

2. No Brandon they didn't chant "Lets go Brandon" as a way to express economic anxiety

becasue they are wing nuts and A holes. He should have just dounced the chant instead of giving it oxygen but hey he agrees with it himself.

Reply to this post

Response to Lawrence454 (Reply #2)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:22 PM

4. Exactly.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:39 PM

5. Bless his heart.

Btw Brandon, focus on the folks who have REALLY been left behind and marginalized in this country instead of people who can afford Nascar tickets and whine about victimization.

Reply to this post

Response to Boomerproud (Reply #5)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 01:02 PM

8. "REALLY been left behind and marginalized" - perfect

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:41 PM

6. thanks for this

as I've been wondering who this "Brandon" person is.

Reply to this post

Response to CatWoman (Reply #6)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 12:56 PM

7. Oh he's just one of those decent people who love their parents, sponsors, & their own kind.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 01:05 PM

9. "...Middle class folks like me..."

Lol, sure thing Brandon.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 01:09 PM

10. He would have been better off just keeping quiet

There was no real reason to comment and in the process validate profanity used against a sitting president on national TV. In the end, it really had nothing to do with him, but he just had to take advantage of it.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 01:55 PM

11. Well, that was stupid.

Government doesn't care? SO, let's all just say Fuck Joe Biden, right? because Joe Biden is the KING and has the power to just tell government to "listen to the people" and do things to help them.

Ignorant fucks like Brandon are the reason we are in such trouble. "I don't pay attention to politics" No shit there Brandon. If you DID pay attention, you would realize that there is one party (even with our flaws) that is actually trying to listen to the people and do what is in their best interests, to lower the cost of gas, to transition away from fossil fuels for a better world and less expenses for transportation, to raise wages, to provide good affordable health care, and to promote the general welfare (as it says in the Constitution). The other party, the Republicans... their crowning achievements have been to lower the tax rates for the wealthiest people in the country and shift the burden onto the already crumbling middle and working classes. They also packed the Supreme Court with reactionary assholes who are about to destroy the concept of bodily autonomy for women. That's it. That is what they presume to have done to make people's lives better. They also tried to mount an insurrection because the majority of Americans rejected Donald Trump's criminal and incompetent administration.

Donald Trump is one of, if not the worst president in history (I was still holding Buchanan in the running, and could still argue the 1 or 2 position). He is a con man, a crook, and incompetent beyond belief. HOWEVER, he would have only been a blip on the radar of history if not for the Republican Party and Republican members of Congress and the various states that are dominated by Republican legislatures and governors. It took ALL OF THEM to wreck the economy, to kill over 800,000 Americans in the span of 2 years, and generally make us the laughing stock of the world. Does Trump get the biggest share of the blame? Sure, he is the leader of the Republicans and gave them their marching orders.

Joe Biden is the leader of the Democratic Party. We hold Congress but just barely. We also basically have no majority in the Senate because we have two Democratic Senators who seem to be operating more as Republicans when it comes to legislation that would actually make people's lives better. Legislation that Biden has wanted to push through.

This guy, who drives around in an oval, and gets paid hundreds of thousands of dollars, wants to be an "everyman" and goes out and listens to a bunch of people saying Fuck Joe Biden, and then he figures that "they have a point". Yes we are all struggling, but those fools that you went out to listen to and support, they attribute the problem to President Biden, when the problem is entirely about the Republican Party and Conservatism. We are in the shape we are in because the Republican Party believes that wealthy people are simply better, and deserve ALL of the benefits of society, while the rest of us have to fight for scraps.

So, maybe, go talk to other people and get the real story, or just shut the fuck up and drive your little car around making your left turns.

Reply to this post

Response to Caliman73 (Reply #11)

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 02:31 PM

12. Excellent. Yip, he's cracked the Wingnut Code, the not-so-secret handshake.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 03:25 PM

13. + a million

I wish you could write this retort on that Newsweek opinion piece of his.

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 07:13 PM

14. Just curious on how you know how much he earns?

He drives for a low budget team in NASCAR's second tier series. It is not uncommon for drivers to actually have to pay for the privilege of driving in similar circumstances.

Reply to this post

Response to MichMan (Reply #14)

Thu Dec 23, 2021, 07:59 AM

16. What's that got to do with the Biden hate from the right wing?

Reply to this post

Wed Dec 22, 2021, 11:23 PM

15. Self kick

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 24, 2021, 03:14 PM

17. Kicking to show who they are since a wingnut used it on President BIDEN today

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 24, 2021, 03:20 PM

18. He is also committed to depositing large checks. Nt

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread