HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Building the big Lie: Ins...

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 07:41 AM

Building the big Lie: Inside the Creation of Trump's Stolen Election Myth

By the time Leamsy Salazar sat down in front of a video recorder in a lawyer’s office in Dallas, he had grown accustomed to divulging state secrets. After swearing to tell nothing but the truth so help him God, he recounted that he was born in Venezuela in 1974, enlisted in the army and rose through its special operations ranks. He described how in 2007 he became the chief of security for Hugo Chávez, the Venezuelan leader whose electoral victories had been challenged by outside observers and opposition parties. After Chávez died in 2013, Salazar said he provided intelligence on top Venezuelan officials involved in drug trafficking to American law enforcement agencies, which had helped him defect.

After about 45 minutes of Salazar telling his life story, the lawyer questioning him, Lewis Sessions, abruptly changed the course of the conversation. “I want to take a moment to get off the track,” said ​​Sessions, the brother of Republican Rep. Pete Sessions of Texas. “Why are you here? What has motivated you to come forward?”

“I feel that the world should know — they should know the truth,” Salazar answered. “The truth about the corruption. About the manipulation. About the lies.”

“The truth about what?” Sessions asked.

“In this case, it’s the manipulation of votes,” Salazar said. “And the lies being told to a country.”

That morning of Nov. 13, 2020, Salazar had a new sort of intelligence to share. He claimed to know that the 2020 U.S. presidential election had been rigged — and how.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/building-the-big-lie-inside-the-creation-of-trump-s-stolen-election-myth/ar-AAWBzU6?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15&cvid=270238e659774f65a1d4e0db47261b9e

From ProPublica, this report debunks many of the claims of a stolen election by people like Salazar, Sydney Powell, and that my pillow idiot, among others, showing how their BS played out and remained unproven. A very interesting read.

2 replies, 587 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Building the big Lie: Inside the Creation of Trump's Stolen Election Myth (Original post)
XacerbatedDem Apr 2022 OP
Achilleaze Apr 2022 #1
Thunderbeast Apr 2022 #2

Response to XacerbatedDem (Original post)

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 07:46 AM

1. There lie Hungry Darkside Dragons

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to XacerbatedDem (Original post)

Tue Apr 26, 2022, 10:05 AM

2. This is the most comprehensive review I have read of the origin story.

Persons with seemingly "faith based" belief in the election fraud myth solicited evidence and witnesses that were motivated by fame and fortune to sell this story to base voters and critical state legislators.

It is ALL a fraud...Just like it's patron saint.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread