HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Russia Is Hacking US Corp...

Mon May 9, 2022, 08:11 AM

Russia Is Hacking US Corporations

I can't say a lot about this because I have personal information. Russia is hacking the health care industry, big time; user names, passwords, total takeover. They then demand multi-million dollar ransoms. The thing is, unless the corporation is 100% certain how it got hacked, it will pay the ransom and set up new servers, new passwords, the works from scratch.

I am posting this because Federalist Society member Christopher Wray said last week that China is our biggest hacking problem by far. Wray should take another look at Russia.

2 replies, 878 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Russia Is Hacking US Corporations (Original post)
gab13by13 May 9 OP
FM123 May 9 #1
ck4829 May 9 #2

Response to gab13by13 (Original post)

Mon May 9, 2022, 08:33 AM

1. Yes, this needs to taken very seriously.

There was a WSJ article a few months ago about a past incident that did not get as much press as it should have.

In a secret chat room run by a group of Russian-affiliated cybercriminals, a hacker expressed excitement about a plan to attack and disable more than 400 U.S. hospitals. “There will be panic,” the hacker wrote, in Russian.

It was 2020, at a severe point in the pandemic, and the gang planned to hold hostage the computer systems of the hospitals, many of which were fighting to save Covid-19 patients.

(I can't disable WSJ paywall, sorry - but here's the link: https://www.wsj.com/articles/trickbot-pro-russia-hacking-gang-documents-ukrainian-leaker-conti-11648480564

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gab13by13 (Original post)

Mon May 9, 2022, 08:37 AM

2. A good defense against this would be taking our financial information out of the healthcare industry

Maybe hospitals shouldn't have our financial records at all.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread