Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Casady1

(2,133 posts)
Wed May 31, 2023, 08:49 PM May 2023

Who ya' got Heat or Nuggets?

The Nuggets are the logical choice but if Miami can have Bam crowd Yokic and takeaway his outside shot and his penetration they will have changed
the Nuggets offense. They are better when Yokic is up top. Also make Aaron Gordon shoot from the outside and make him beat you.
Finally, if Miami can keep the tempo slow then each possession means more.
They are a little more old school as opposed to most teams that are just chucking threes.

5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Who ya' got Heat or Nuggets? (Original Post) Casady1 May 2023 OP
Nuggets but Elessar Zappa May 2023 #1
Go Miami. bullimiami May 2023 #2
Nuggets in 5 I think they easily handle the Heat but Heat steal 1 at home Hugh_Lebowski May 2023 #3
I've watched every finals Casady1 May 2023 #4
I hope Nuggets. That along with last year's Avalanche Stanley Cup win would be really nice for CO hlthe2b May 2023 #5

Elessar Zappa

(14,666 posts)
1. Nuggets but
Wed May 31, 2023, 08:52 PM
May 2023

I won’t write the Heat off, they’re a tough team. But ultimately I think Denver has the better offense with Jokic and Murray. Now if Caleb Martin of the Heat plays like he’s been playing and Jimmy Butler plays well, the Heat could win.

Hugh_Lebowski

(33,643 posts)
3. Nuggets in 5 I think they easily handle the Heat but Heat steal 1 at home
Wed May 31, 2023, 09:07 PM
May 2023

I watched more NBA playoffs this year than usual, and I didn't really see any of the Eastern Conf teams being the equal of the better Western conference teams.

But then, I'm not really an expert, more of a casual fan

hlthe2b

(103,502 posts)
5. I hope Nuggets. That along with last year's Avalanche Stanley Cup win would be really nice for CO
Wed May 31, 2023, 09:10 PM
May 2023

Especially given our Rockies and Broncos are in a heavy drought period (to put it mildly).

That and I'd LOVE to see DeSantis constantly asked about Governor Jared Polis' (CO) bet that would have Disney relocating to Colorado (yeah, tongue-in-cheek, but still a nice jab).

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/05/30/nba-finals-jared-polis-ron-desantis-disney-world/

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»Who ya' got Heat or Nugge...