Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Just_Vote_Dem

(3,027 posts)
Thu Nov 9, 2023, 08:00 PM Nov 2023

The Rock says multiple political parties approached him to run for President

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/the-rock-says-multiple-political-parties-approached-him-to-run-for-president

The Rock says attempts have been made to get him to run for President of the United States.

During an appearance on Trevor Noah's new podcast, Dwayne Johnson was asked about a 2021 poll that claimed 46 percent of adults in the United States would support his campaign for president. According to Rock, several political parties approached him in 2022 with more research supporting the idea he would be a real contender in a presidential election.

“That was an interesting poll that happened and I was really moved by that,” Johnson said. “I was really blown away and I was really honored. I’ll share this little bit with you: at the end of the year in 2022, I got a visit from the parties asking me if I was going to run, and if I could run.”

“It was a big deal, and it came out of the blue,” Johnson continued. “It was one after the other, and they brought up that poll, and they also brought up their own deep-dive research that would prove that should I ever go down that road [I’d be a real contender]. It was all very surreal because that’s never been my goal. My goal has never been to be in politics. As a matter of fact, there’s a lot about politics that I hate.”

--snip--
=============================================
For those not familiar with pro wrestling-
Wrestlers lie a lot.
5 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
The Rock says multiple political parties approached him to run for President (Original Post) Just_Vote_Dem Nov 2023 OP
Does anyone remember The Rock Obama on SNL?: mucifer Nov 2023 #1
Likely repubs looking for their own "Obama." Desperation out of control. n/t SheilaAnn Nov 2023 #2
Please, for the love of God, Aristus Nov 2023 #3
Dwayne is a good guy. Oddly reminds me of the James Garner story underpants Nov 2023 #4
No! Move to West Virgnia and run for Senate. NT maxrandb Nov 2023 #5

Aristus

(67,086 posts)
3. Please, for the love of God,
Thu Nov 9, 2023, 08:12 PM
Nov 2023

no more fucking celebrity Presidents! Or even candidates!

I was relieved to hear he isn't interested in running for office. I'm tired of people thinking their one achievement means they're an overachiever, and they need to become President in order to tick the box.

underpants

(184,106 posts)
4. Dwayne is a good guy. Oddly reminds me of the James Garner story
Thu Nov 9, 2023, 08:21 PM
Nov 2023

James Garner was approached by both parties. This is the height of Orange County (CA) Republicans. He was a New Deal Dem from Oklahoma coming out of the Dust Bowl.

He told both parties that abortion was none of his business. He never got any more calls or visits from either side.

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»The Rock says multiple po...