Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
24 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Kornacki is an ass (Original Post) berlin_expat Mar 2024 OP
If that's what he said...he is nuts! PortTack Mar 2024 #1
He says things people don't want to hear. TwilightZone Mar 2024 #2
Basically TakeItEasy Mar 2024 #4
This message was self-deleted by its author PortTack Mar 2024 #9
he isn't talking about tfg underperforming which should be the real headline! That's the real story! PortTack Mar 2024 #10
The "underperforming" meme is highly overrated. TwilightZone Mar 2024 #11
Biden's approval is down since the election. lees1975 Mar 2024 #20
Your subject line is correct. ShazzieB Mar 2024 #21
Did NOT happen. Trump underperformed last night onecaliberal Mar 2024 #3
Actually.... DaBronx Mar 2024 #5
I didn't see what you are referring to, but if he is talking about those voters who voted for trump JohnSJ Mar 2024 #6
When it comes to the Big Board on election night Kornacki mobeau69 Mar 2024 #7
I do agree with that.,Kornackis just. what True Blue American Mar 2024 #17
Talk about something happening at M$NBC..Big Pharma to be exact.. asiliveandbreathe Mar 2024 #8
Trump has contacted Elnon Musk True Blue American Mar 2024 #19
Agree. I gave him five minutes and turned it off. Baitball Blogger Mar 2024 #12
Yup, he sucks. Joinfortmill Mar 2024 #13
I won't opine on how well he does his job. But, Ilsa Mar 2024 #14
I agree, he's unbearable. LisaM Mar 2024 #16
"Unbearable" is the perfect description of him. (nt) Paladin Mar 2024 #23
Go Raiders! senseandsensibility Mar 2024 #15
+++ agree @berlin_expat. n/t iluvtennis Mar 2024 #18
Clever guy, though. calimary Mar 2024 #22
I do not watch Kornacki LetMyPeopleVote Mar 2024 #24

PortTack

(33,281 posts)
1. If that's what he said...he is nuts!
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:18 PM
Mar 2024

Never liked the guy..full of himself…loves to act as if he knows how elections are going to end. Nothing could be further from the truth

TwilightZone

(25,864 posts)
2. He says things people don't want to hear.
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:18 PM
Mar 2024

Biden's approval is down since the election. Trump's is up. Both are often inexplicable, but concluding that some Biden voters may now support Trump doesn't take a Kornacki to figure out.

Rather than burying our heads in the sand and being intentionally ignorant about that fact, we should work toward doing something about it. Some of us already are.

Response to TwilightZone (Reply #2)

PortTack

(33,281 posts)
10. he isn't talking about tfg underperforming which should be the real headline! That's the real story!
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:58 PM
Mar 2024

Saying things we don’t like? So …what Biden voters are moving into the red column?? Hummm

Here’s this from the now Right leaning magazine

Donald Trump Continues to Underperform
Published Feb 28, 2024 at 11:11 AM EST

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-underperform-michigan-gop-primary-results-1874325

Similar articles from businessinsider, msn and others!

Kornacki is nuts!

TwilightZone

(25,864 posts)
11. The "underperforming" meme is highly overrated.
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 03:28 PM
Mar 2024

There's no link between the primaries and the GE. Never has been. It's a myth that won't die.

Trump, for example, isn't going to win Minnesota by 35%. He's not going to win Minnesota at all.

Current votes for Trump in MN: 232,855 votes
Current votes for Biden in MN: 171,274 votes

Almost identical claims were made in 2016. Trump is only getting 30-35% in some states. Trump lost 15 primaries. Half the party is going to abandon him. All the same nonsense.

None of it mattered because there's no link. When November rolls around, Rs will do what they always do, support the R candidate.

We need to stop underestimating Trump, and all of this bullshit about him underperforming is doing exactly that.

lees1975

(4,251 posts)
20. Biden's approval is down since the election.
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 05:05 PM
Mar 2024

But in what universe is Trump's up? Nowhere that I can find. Some scattered polls aside, as voters have gone to the polls in the primaries, he has underperformed even below their expectations, a segment of the GOP has turned out claiming they're not going to support him if he is the nominee, which we're not seeing on the other side, and his disapproval rating average, which was 57% when he left office, is hanging around 61%. Even with his age factored in, you don't get that much hard disapproval with Biden.

ShazzieB

(17,215 posts)
21. Your subject line is correct.
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 05:09 PM
Mar 2024

He does say things people don't want to hear. I think a lot of the dislike for him here is a result of people (consciously or not) wanting to "kill the messenger" who brings unwelcome news.

Personally, I think the Kornacki hate at DU is way out of proportion to his actual flaws. He's not my favorite thing on MSNBC, but somebody has to keep track of the numbers that are coming in, provide updates on vote totals, etc., and for whatever reason he's the one who's been designated to do that job. He has to report on all the races, even the ones that Dems won't be happy about, because that's his job. I really wish people would get off his case and just let him do it.

DaBronx

(338 posts)
5. Actually....
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:22 PM
Mar 2024

I believe in open primaries it would have been wise for our members to cross, thus inflating Trump’s numbers and knocking Haley out (who
Might have been a challenge in the general). Trump is going to deflate bigly in the general due to this. So while Kornacki can be wacky I think there is a nugget of truth in there.

JohnSJ

(93,482 posts)
6. I didn't see what you are referring to, but if he is talking about those voters who voted for trump
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:23 PM
Mar 2024

in 2016, then voted for Biden in 2020, and now are planning to vote back to trump in 2024, who do you think those voters are? They were republicans. and the fact that they voted for trump in 2016, knowing that they were voting for a racist, sexist, and bigot, pretty much sums up who they are.

Those original trump supporters in that category were affected by Covid, and economic issues. Most of those issues were resolved by Biden, and so they revert back to their racist, sexist, bigotry.

We could never depend on those folks anyway. What will help us win is a large voter turnout, especially among women, minorities, young people, and life long Democrats.

True Blue American

(18,037 posts)
17. I do agree with that.,Kornackis just. what
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 04:58 PM
Mar 2024

A poster called him. He is so full of himself. I have not watched his schtick for some time.

I do like Steve Rattner. He shows facts.

asiliveandbreathe

(8,203 posts)
8. Talk about something happening at M$NBC..Big Pharma to be exact..
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 02:46 PM
Mar 2024

They, Big Pharma do not like negotiating price of drugs..and looks like they are going to be a big player this year..just another data point for the Democratic message..I sure hope President Biden puts lots of emphasis on that subject as well as others..screw M$NBC..

I found this explanation of super tuesday by Ben Meiselas excellent..many data points..

?t=78

calimary

(82,478 posts)
22. Clever guy, though.
Wed Mar 6, 2024, 05:13 PM
Mar 2024

Strategically clever. He really carved out a niche for himself, and set himself apart from the “just another reporter” crowd.

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»Kornacki is an ass