Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
19 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Katy Tur is not missing a beat. No word about being called out as a trump stenographer on MSNBC. In the tank for (Original Post) Comfortably_Numb May 17 OP
I cannot overstate how massive of a deal this is to me Johnny2X2X May 17 #1
Hear hear!!!! We knew Magat Haberman was ensconced in drumph's butt cheeks, but Tur was less obvious. How can we Comfortably_Numb May 17 #4
I feel the same way. TSExile May 17 #6
Total respect for Alicia. Nothing but disdain for Tur. Less than zero. We cannot normalize this duplicity. Comfortably_Numb May 17 #7
Alicia also benefits from having two co-hosts on her show. TSExile May 17 #18
I noticed that "Katy Tur Reports" was on again today. At least update to be honest and explain that Comfortably_Numb May 17 #19
Which show was she on this am? yorkster May 17 #2
I dvr everything, so I'm not sure exactly what show it was. Correction Jose Diaz Balart. Thx!! Comfortably_Numb May 17 #3
She has no shame. TSExile May 17 #5
Scariest moment in the last several years for me right now Johnny2X2X May 17 #8
It's entertainment John Shaft May 17 #9
someone check her phone. mopinko May 17 #10
Just found it on Jose Diaz Balart A block. yorkster May 17 #11
Thanks for the correction yorkster. I try to be honest when I don't know an answer for certain, knowing that DU will Comfortably_Numb May 17 #13
Hey, for all I know she was on every flippin' yorkster May 17 #15
So far haven't heard any host mention it on msnbc. FloridaBlues May 17 #12
Not one. Makes you suspect they all got the memo from upstairs, doesn't it? Comfortably_Numb May 17 #14
This just shows that any commentator, any correspondent, should be listened to very carefully and their words SWBTATTReg May 17 #16
This message was self-deleted by its author kimbutgar May 17 #17

Johnny2X2X

(19,964 posts)
1. I cannot overstate how massive of a deal this is to me
Fri May 17, 2024, 11:45 AM
May 17

She should be fired, or at least placed on leave. Media members working for a campaign is not acceptbale.

The fact she's not facing any discipline beings into question if the execs at MSNBC are also on the Trump payroll.

Comfortably_Numb

(3,952 posts)
4. Hear hear!!!! We knew Magat Haberman was ensconced in drumph's butt cheeks, but Tur was less obvious. How can we
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:09 PM
May 17

trust anything that comes out of her mouth??? What’s her angle? Who is she serving? This really hurts my respect for MSNBC. I’m no idealist, but I thought they had more integrity.

TSExile

(3,223 posts)
6. I feel the same way.
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:14 PM
May 17

Alicia Menendez is not reporting the news about her dad's scandal because of integrity. This speaks volumes.

Katy Tur should join Fox "News" and join the rest of the TSF's butt kissers. That's where she belongs.

Comfortably_Numb

(3,952 posts)
7. Total respect for Alicia. Nothing but disdain for Tur. Less than zero. We cannot normalize this duplicity.
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:18 PM
May 17

Suspend and investigate Tur and look back at her reporting to see what she was saying during the time she was shilling for drumph. Issue corrections/retractions when warranted.

TSExile

(3,223 posts)
18. Alicia also benefits from having two co-hosts on her show.
Fri May 17, 2024, 04:40 PM
May 17

If any news on her dad should come up, she can step out and Michael Steele or Symone Sanders-Townsend can report on it instead. Alicia has been nothing but classy on this issue. Katy has...not. If she had any shred of integrity at all, she'd resign.

Comfortably_Numb

(3,952 posts)
19. I noticed that "Katy Tur Reports" was on again today. At least update to be honest and explain that
Fri May 17, 2024, 04:47 PM
May 17

“Katy Tur Reports What the Magats Tell her To.” Honesty in media.

Comfortably_Numb

(3,952 posts)
3. I dvr everything, so I'm not sure exactly what show it was. Correction Jose Diaz Balart. Thx!!
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:06 PM
May 17

Last edited Fri May 17, 2024, 12:37 PM - Edit history (1)

TSExile

(3,223 posts)
5. She has no shame.
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:11 PM
May 17

If not for the weekday lineup from Deadline: White House on (with the possible exception of Ari Melber) and most of the weekend lineup, MSNBC would have no credibility at all.

Johnny2X2X

(19,964 posts)
8. Scariest moment in the last several years for me right now
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:21 PM
May 17

Fascists know the media is the key to everything. Trump constantly railing on the media shows he knows it's the key too.

Trump doesn't play by the rules, how much of the media has he corrupted? Is this why every siongle story we read talks about inflation even when the topic isn't inflation? I read a story about school funding the other day that said the increased spending our state passed years ago wasn't enough, probably because of inflation.

I am questioning everything right now. The NY Times and MSNBC were just found out to have plants from the Trump campaign at them and no one batted an eyelash. Did we already lose the country?

yorkster

(1,924 posts)
11. Just found it on Jose Diaz Balart A block.
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:22 PM
May 17

After listening to KT mostly repeat what she said yesterday, I was glad to hear Barbara McQuade give a less hyped version of Cohen testimony and the phone call. To quote Barbara quoting Shakespeare: "much ado about nothing".

Looking forward to redirect on Monday.

Comfortably_Numb

(3,952 posts)
13. Thanks for the correction yorkster. I try to be honest when I don't know an answer for certain, knowing that DU will
Fri May 17, 2024, 12:36 PM
May 17

correct me, I updated my post.

SWBTATTReg

(22,730 posts)
16. This just shows that any commentator, any correspondent, should be listened to very carefully and their words
Fri May 17, 2024, 01:01 PM
May 17

chopped up, diced and sliced to gain insight into what they are really saying, etc. These 3 supposedly (and probably more people) independent correspondents who weren't really independent, still tied to tRUMP's apron strings in some manner, owe the American public a big apology (but they won't), but the worse thing to come is that they've lost all creditability now.

No one will ever trust them again. But I am not superhuman, I simply just got tired of listening to all of the talking heads years and years ago and made up my mind already about tRUMP and his reckless ways (once a moron, always a moron, eh).

Too many negative stories have come out about tRUMP's incompetence in his first (and hopefully last) term in office.

Like I said, once a moron, always a moron, and no matter what others such as these errant correspondents say, it won't make a wit of difference to me. I will always consider tRUMP a danger, an idiot, selfish and narcistic, bankrupt, and more. He's a loser in every sense of the word.

Response to Comfortably_Numb (Original post)

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»Katy Tur is not missing a...