HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Hostess creditor, PE firm...

Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:03 AM

Hostess creditor, PE firms show interest in Twinkies brand: NY Post

(Reuters) - Hostess Brands Inc creditor Silver Point Capital and hedge fund Hurst Capital have expressed interest in buying Hostess's snack cake brands, including Twinkies, the New York Post reported.

Silver Point Capital sent a letter to Hostess's bankers in the last few days expressing interest in buying all or part of the business, the Post said, citing a source. (http://r.reuters.com/jut56t)

Hurst Capital, which said in November it wanted to buy Hostess's business, has formed a partnership with other private-equity firms to make an offer, the Post said.

Hostess received permission late last year from a U.S. bankruptcy court to wind down its business and liquidate its assets after 82 years.

http://news.yahoo.com/hostess-creditor-pe-firms-show-interest-twinkies-brand-054426269--sector.html

2 replies, 560 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hostess creditor, PE firms show interest in Twinkies brand: NY Post (Original post)
Sherman A1 Mar 2013 OP
Electric Monk Mar 2013 #1
Sherman A1 Mar 2013 #2

Response to Sherman A1 (Original post)

Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:09 AM

1. I find it fascinating how much focus is falling on the Twinkie tendril.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Electric Monk (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 11, 2013, 04:18 AM

2. I think it is incredibly important

not only as an example of what has been going on for years and years in the business world, but also for the 18,000 jobs that were lost. I focus on it because I have known many of those people who worked there for a long time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread