HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Richard Cebull, Federal J...

Wed Apr 3, 2013, 11:27 AM

Richard Cebull, Federal Judge Who Sent Racist Obama Email, Retires

U.S. District Judge Richard F. Cebull, the federal judge in Montana who sent an email last year suggesting that President Barack Obama's mother had sex with a dog, has retired following an investigation into his conduct.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit announced Tuesday that Cebull had submitted his retirement letter, effective May 3. A special committee had conducted a "thorough and extensive investigation" and submitted their report to the circuit's Judicial Council, which issued a confidential order and memorandum on March 15, according to the court.

In the email forwarded by Cebull, a young Obama asks his mother why he's black and she is white. "Donít even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, youíre lucky you donít bark!" his mother replies. Cebull told recipients of his email that he hoped it "touches your heart like it did mine." .................(more)

The complete piece is at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/03/richard-cebull-retires_n_3006753.html?ncid=txtlnkushpmg00000037

4 replies, 909 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Richard Cebull, Federal Judge Who Sent Racist Obama Email, Retires (Original post)
marmar Apr 2013 OP
joeybee12 Apr 2013 #1
Aristus Apr 2013 #2
The Velveteen Ocelot Apr 2013 #3
malaise Apr 2013 #4

Response to marmar (Original post)

Wed Apr 3, 2013, 11:29 AM

1. And with a nice pension, I bet...

Disgusting

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Apr 3, 2013, 11:32 AM

2. Goodbyyyyyyyyyyye, motherfuckerrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I wish we still had the _|_ emoticon for this creep...

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 3, 2013, 11:34 AM

3. I remember that -

You'd think a federal fucking judge would know better. We expect that kind of crap from your average knuckledragging teabagger or Republican state legislator, but Christ on a waffle, a federal judge?

And I'm always amazed when some damn fool is called to account for some stupid email or Facebook comment, like they think nobody but their friends is ever going to read it? A guy with that level of stupid doesn't deserve to be a justice of the peace in Bumfuck, South Dakota let alone a federal judge. The only positive aspect of people being too stupid to keep their racist thoughts off the Internet is that now we know they're racist as well as stupid.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 3, 2013, 11:35 AM

4. Good riddance you racist pig

Fuck off!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread