HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What’s amazing about this...

Tue Apr 23, 2013, 09:39 PM

What’s amazing about this story is how little attention it will get.

How many other children in this country die because parents choose God over medicine?

How many are never reported?
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/23/family-who-chose-prayer-over-medicine-loses-second-child/

2 replies, 917 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What’s amazing about this story is how little attention it will get. (Original post)
busterbrown Apr 2013 OP
AsahinaKimi Apr 2013 #1
Jamaal510 Apr 2013 #2

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Tue Apr 23, 2013, 09:50 PM

1. I remember a situation like this..

I had been working at a Hospital in Santa Barbara at the time. There had been a car accident. The kids and family were bought to the hospital ER. The parents were fine but one little girl was seriously injured. The parents told the doctors to do nothing. It was in God's hands and they refused to let the young girl get a transfusion. She died.. and the other guy who had hit their car was now up on manslaughter charges, because the parents refused treatment for the girl. Had she lived, the other driver would have received far, far less of a sentence.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Tue Apr 23, 2013, 10:04 PM

2. Family Guy did an episode on this once,

but not once have I heard anything about it in the media, even on MSNBC and Current.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread