HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Lincoln Memorial is s...

Fri Jul 26, 2013, 03:03 PM

The Lincoln Memorial is such a beautiful and spiritual monument - So much important history there

. . . Marian Anderson, MLK . . . not to mention the myriads of other protests, marches, and rallies in my lifetime that I participated in on those grounds.

Then there's Lincoln's Second Inaugural Address and the Gettysburg Address etched majestically on the wall adjacent to that towering statue of Abe. Reading those words; standing there, you can actually guage the depths of our nation's tumultuous history and revel in the changes which our democracy has brought about since those immortal words were spoken.

This is just a shame . . .

tweeted by, Stephanie Cutter ‏@stefcutter 5m
This is so unbelievably sad and disgusting. Wash Post: Lincoln Memorial shuts down after vandals splash paint on it. http://wapo.st/14gc6Dm

3 replies, 2875 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Lincoln Memorial is such a beautiful and spiritual monument - So much important history there (Original post)
bigtree Jul 2013 OP
LineNew Reply .
bigtree Jul 2013 #1
BumRushDaShow Jul 2013 #2
bigtree Jul 2013 #3

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Fri Jul 26, 2013, 06:14 PM

1. .

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bigtree (Original post)

Fri Jul 26, 2013, 06:24 PM

2. Hoping they will have it reopened

for the activities that are part of the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington scheduled for next month.

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #2)

Sat Jul 27, 2013, 01:36 PM

3. oh, that's right

. . . it can be done. I'd expect it will be.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread