HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "I have a nightmare!" Ple...

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 07:52 AM

"I have a nightmare!" Please come CAPTION Fox's Doug McKelway!!!

Doug ("The only good dream ends with you having to change the sheets" McKelway is saying: "Yes, Greg, it was fifty years ago today when Dr. Martin Luther King gave his historic 'I Have a Dream' speech which helped usher in bills protecting minorities and promoting racial equality as well as initiating a culture of dependence and fatherless homes which has spread to Europe and now threatens modern civilization itself. . . . So you're right in claiming Dr. King's speech has had significant national and international implications. . . . It's truly heartening, Greg, to see the outpouring and love for him five decades later!"

6 replies, 1348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply "I have a nightmare!" Please come CAPTION Fox's Doug McKelway!!! (Original post)
skip fox Aug 2013 OP
rurallib Aug 2013 #1
skip fox Aug 2013 #2
GeorgeGist Aug 2013 #3
rug Aug 2013 #4
skip fox Aug 2013 #5
sakabatou Aug 2013 #6

Response to skip fox (Original post)

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 08:31 AM

1. "Who am I you ask. I don't even know"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 09:49 AM

2. A letter from my mother. Deepest regrets.

Aug. 25, 2013

Dear Democratic Underground:

My son, the CAPTIONer of the OP, admitted to having plagiarized the above CAPTION from real life. He has confessed to me that, in a period of extreme laziness, he merely streamlined and tweaked what Mr. McKelway actually said. The evidence against him can be seen in full at the following Fox site:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/24/march-to-focus-on-continued-fight-for-civil-rights/

He humbly begs your forgiveness for this act of plagiarism, realizing it could impinge upon his retention at CAPTION College and that his plea (“Sometimes it’s impossible to satirize these freaks!!!”) cannot excuse his actions nor should it alleviate your distemper.

He has been severely punished by his father and herewith begs re-admission to CAPTIONing classes.

He will spend 200 hours in the following year painting and refurbishing our home as an act of contrition.

Shamefully but sincerely,

Ms. Fox

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 11:26 AM

3. "I like to keep a low profile ...

but yes I am Hans Solo".

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 11:28 AM

4. "I put the less in clueless."

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 04:25 PM

5. "I thought I'd try to start a movement to change the name from Martin Luther King Day

DAY to Entitlement Day and for some reason the crowd got mad at me and called me a racist. . . . I can't figure it out."

Reply to this post

Sun Aug 25, 2013, 04:27 PM

6. "Mmmmmm blue raspberry is my favorite."

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread