HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I am no longer skeptical ...

Tue Sep 17, 2013, 08:29 AM

I am no longer skeptical about Assad's responsibility in chemical weapons attack

Sources which were previously cautious about assigning blame are now saying that the UN report points to the Syrian Government.

The New York Times: "Forensic Details in U.N. Report Point to Assadís Use of Gas"

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/17/world/europe/syria-united-nations.html
Thinkprogress: http://thinkprogress.org/security/2013/09/16/2626601/syria-chemical-weapons-report/

Besides, Human Rights Watch has concluded that Assad was the culprit as well. This organization has no dog in that fight, therefore is credible in my view.

President Assad needs to be brought to trial in a world court.

3 replies, 851 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I am no longer skeptical about Assad's responsibility in chemical weapons attack (Original post)
Stupefacto Sep 2013 OP
Robb Sep 2013 #1
Stupefacto Sep 2013 #2
pampango Sep 2013 #3

Response to Stupefacto (Original post)

Tue Sep 17, 2013, 08:32 AM

1. How skeptical were you on Saturday?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Robb (Reply #1)

Tue Sep 17, 2013, 08:34 AM

2. Considerably so nt

Reply to this post

Response to Stupefacto (Original post)

Tue Sep 17, 2013, 09:41 AM

3. Maybe but perhaps not if that "Tea party style Republican" president were Rand Paul.

True, but not just Assad and not just because of the chemical attack on August 21. All sides should be subject TP prosecution at the World Court.

The Security Council needs to pass a resolution making war crimes in Syria come under the jurisdiction of the ICC. This has not happened to date but should be something that all sides could agree on.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread