HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wendy Davis Response Emai...

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 04:52 PM

Wendy Davis Response Email On Her Character Being Attacked

As our campaign has gained momentum, our opponents have gotten more and more desperate. But now theyíve stooped to a new low by attacking my family, my education, and my personal story Ė playing politics with the journey that has been my life.

Mine is a story about a teenage single mother who struggled to keep her young family afloat. Itís a story about a young woman who was given a precious opportunity to work her way up in the world. Itís a story about resiliency, and sacrifice, and perseverance.

And youíre damn right itís a true story.

Throughout this campaign, Iíve shared that story Ė not because itís unique, but because it isnít.

The story of my life is also the story of millions of single mothers who feel alone in the world, millions of young dreamers searching for their chance to become something more than what they were born into, millions of families all across Texas who would sacrifice everything to give their children a better future.

Itís those stories Ė your stories Ė that drive my campaign. But Greg Abbott and his allies donít want to hear them. They donít have anything to offer Texans who find themselves in the same difficult situation I was in when I was young. They would slam the doors I walked through and pull up the ladders I was lucky to be able to climb.

And now, instead of offering real ideas to improve your life, theyíre attacking mine.

It wonít work. The only thing Greg Abbott and his allies have proved with these desperate attacks is that they donít understand what it means to live a life like mine Ė a life like that of so many people all across our state.

They donít know me Ė and, whatís more important, they donít know you.

Iím not surprised that the Abbott campaign would resort to attacking the story of a single mother who worked hard to get ahead.

And Iím not afraid of their false attacks Ė I developed thick skin long before anyone knew my name.

What I am is deeply proud of the life Iíve built and the daughters Iíve raised Ė and deeply grateful to the many, many people who have shared their stories and offered their support as Iíve traveled our state.

No false attack can take away my story. And no sleazy political trick will stop me from giving voice to yours.

Your stories are why Iím running for Governor. And together, I know weíll make sure that the Texas we leave to our children is a place where every young mother can build a better life for her child. . . where every family can work their way up the economic ladder. . . where every Texan can achieve their dreams and live out their own success story.

Together, weíll break through these attacks, win this election, and make Texas even greater.

Wendy

ÖÖÖ WORD ÖÖÖ

https://secure.wendydavistexas.com/donate/e140127bsd/

9 replies, 1281 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wendy Davis Response Email On Her Character Being Attacked (Original post)
MagickMuffin Jan 2014 OP
riqster Jan 2014 #1
MagickMuffin Jan 2014 #2
Triana Jan 2014 #7
ChisolmTrailDem Jan 2014 #3
MagickMuffin Jan 2014 #4
ChisolmTrailDem Jan 2014 #5
MagickMuffin Jan 2014 #6
Gothmog Jan 2014 #8
MagickMuffin Jan 2014 #9

Response to MagickMuffin (Original post)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:03 PM

1. Wish I could vote for her!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to riqster (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:35 PM

2. I Do Too!

I'm a Precinct Chair in Tarrant County and hopefully we will have a great turnout for our own Wendy. She has always had tremendous support here.

Unfortunately, the Mayor of Fort Worth endorsed Abbott, but she is a repub so no big surprise there.

You can always donate if you have a few funds.

https://secure.wendydavistexas.com/donate/e140127bsd/

Reply to this post

Response to riqster (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 06:44 PM

7. Me too. Damn. Will have to settle for sending her campaign a few bucks. n/t

Reply to this post

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:37 PM

3. I will be proud to give her my vote...

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:39 PM

4. Likewise and GOTV Campaign Efforts

Here in Tarrant County her hometown, WE Wendy!

Reply to this post

Response to MagickMuffin (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:40 PM

5. I just moved to Tarrant Co. Haven't had a chance to take a look around yet. =) nt

Reply to this post

Response to ChisolmTrailDem (Reply #5)

Tue Jan 28, 2014, 05:54 PM

6. Awesome. I've lived here forever

So, if you need any pointers just let me know!

I will send you a PM, to exchange more info. Perhaps you might be interested in attending some TCDP functions or if you'd want to serve as a Precinct Chair???

Reply to this post

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 02:20 PM

8. Go Wendy

Abbott's attacks are going to backfire

Reply to this post

Response to Gothmog (Reply #8)

Wed Jan 29, 2014, 03:44 PM

9. I Think So Too, And Wayne Slater Is Scummy Especially Attacking Without Fact Checking

The D/FW "news" programs reported on Wendy being in Austin. They are sooooo clueless. One reporter Jim Douglas made a comment about how her daughters are now going to campaign with her. News alert they have always campaigned with their mom. They ARE a huge part of her campaigns. They LOVE their mother!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread