HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Catholic church abuse: at...

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 12:24 AM

Catholic church abuse: at least one youth castrated for 'homosexuality'

Catholic church abuse: at least one youth castrated for 'homosexuality'
Dutch News
Saturday 17 March 2012

At least one boy under the age of 16 was castrated to 'help' his homosexual feelings while in Catholic church care in the 1950s, the NRC reported on Saturday.

But there are indications at least 10 other boys were also castrated, the paper said. The claims were not included in the Deetman report on sexual abuse within the Catholic church published at the end of last year.

The paper says the one confirmed case concerned a boy - Henk Heithuis - who reported being sexually abused by priests to the police in 1956. After giving evidence, he was placed in a Catholic-run psychiatric institution where he was then castrated because of his 'homosexual behaviour'...

SNIP

...Vic Marijnen, who went on to become prime minister in 1963, was chairman of the children's home where Henk Heithuis and dozens of other children were abused until 1959...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2012/03/catholic_church_abuse_at_least.php

3 replies, 1170 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Catholic church abuse: at least one youth castrated for 'homosexuality' (Original post)
FourScore Mar 2012 OP
aquart Mar 2012 #1
BlueIris Mar 2012 #2
lib_wit_it Mar 2012 #3

Response to FourScore (Original post)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 04:48 AM

1. Time to sell the Vatican art.

I see another wave of settlements.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to aquart (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 23, 2012, 08:29 AM

2. And everything else valuable,

until all the victims are at least marginally compensated. No, I'm not saying money will "fix" what they endure, but the Church has no excuse for its brutality or efforts to hide it.

Reply to this post

Response to FourScore (Original post)

Sun Mar 25, 2012, 02:09 AM

3. I see there's not a lot of response to this post. I wonder if it's for the same reason that it took

me nearly 24 hours to figure out how to reply. And still, all I have come up with is that this is too disturbing for me to know what the hell to say.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread