HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Judge dismisses Zimmerman...

Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:23 PM

Judge dismisses Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC

Judge dismisses Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC
By By Mike Schneider June 30, 2014

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) A Florida judge on Monday dismissed the defamation lawsuit filed by George Zimmerman against NBC and three reporters, saying the former neighborhood watch leader failed to show the network acted with malice.

Judge Debra Nelson said the malice standard was appropriate because Zimmerman became a public figure after he shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford in February 2012, generating a national conversation about race and self-defense laws.

Zimmerman was acquitted last year for Martin's shooting. He said he shot Martin in self-defense when the teenager attacked him. Martin was black. Zimmerman identifies himself as Hispanic.

MORE:
http://www.businessweek.com/ap/2014-06-30/judge-dismisses-zimmermans-lawsuit-against-nbc

3 replies, 590 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Judge dismisses Zimmerman's lawsuit against NBC (Original post)
kpete Jun 2014 OP
Skittles Jun 2014 #1
JI7 Jun 2014 #2
Marie Marie Jun 2014 #3

Response to kpete (Original post)

Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:39 PM

1. OK let me get this staight

this gun humping paranoid piece of shit Zimmerman can stalk, confront and MURDER an unarmed teenager FOR NO REASON but he gets upset over media coverage? What an ASSHOLE.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:41 PM

2. GOOD, are gun nut assholes going to continue to fund his living or will he have to try to find some

work. doesn't he still owe legal bills ? i hope he is never able to pay it back.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 30, 2014, 09:53 PM

3. May he live a long, long life with his sad self.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread