HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Somerset gas station ...

Sat Jul 26, 2014, 11:41 PM

The Somerset gas station proves Repukes don't really mean "government should run like a business"

Y'see, every freakin' time the government actually DOES run like a business, the Republicans freak out.

Social Security? It runs exactly like an insurance company, because it is one: takes in premium payments, invests them and uses the profits to fund its operation. The GOP has been trying to shut it down for years.

The VA also runs like a business. The Republicans have a two-pronged attack here: they severely underfund it, then bitch about how it's running poorly.

And then there's the Somerset Fuel Center, in Kentucky. The local gas stations are bleeding the locals dry, so the government does the only sane thing it can: It adds retail-style gas pumps to its city fuel point and lets anyone buy gas there. The Republicans are currently shitting kittens over this one.

2 replies, 894 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Somerset gas station proves Repukes don't really mean "government should run like a business" (Original post)
jmowreader Jul 2014 OP
Beartracks Jul 2014 #1
AnotherDreamWeaver Jul 2014 #2

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Sat Jul 26, 2014, 11:48 PM

1. Cool - refueling in Somerset now has a Public Option. n/t

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Sun Jul 27, 2014, 02:26 AM

2. Our cat passed a while ago, and mice have moved in, maybe even a wood rat,

but I think I'll pass on those kittens...

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread