HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Just voted in Western NY

Tue Nov 4, 2014, 07:31 PM

Just voted in Western NY

turn out wasn't too high but maybe in this case that's not a bad thing. Our county tends to go PUKE. I was afraid they might come out in high numbers because Astorino vowed he would repeal Safe Act, which is the gun control legislation Governor Cuomo lobbied for and won.

I voted because I feel it's my duty and because though Governor Cuomo had a commanding lead in the polls, I didn't want to just take it for granted that he'd win. I don't think all that highly of Cuomo, and hope he never becomes our Presidential nominee but he sure as hell is better than Astorino and I wanted to keep our county sheriff's office under a Democrat's control as well.

4 replies, 646 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Just voted in Western NY (Original post)
Liberalynn Nov 2014 OP
budkin Nov 2014 #1
Liberalynn Nov 2014 #2
Bortman33 Nov 2014 #3
Liberalynn Nov 2014 #4

Response to Liberalynn (Original post)

Tue Nov 4, 2014, 07:55 PM

1. Where? I was born in Monroe country but grew up in Livingston

Now I'm in Austin, TX

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to budkin (Reply #1)

Tue Nov 4, 2014, 08:02 PM

2. Ontario County

Hey cool my Mom was born and raised in Livingston County. Fowlerville and graduated from York high school.

Reply to this post

Response to Liberalynn (Original post)

Tue Nov 4, 2014, 08:12 PM

3. Voted at 6:30 am in LeRoy, NY and

there were only 3 other voters in the hall. Voted everything on the Working Family line. Really had to hold my nose when voting Corpratoumo and his republican sidekick, Hochum, on the Working Families line also.

Reply to this post

Response to Bortman33 (Reply #3)

Tue Nov 4, 2014, 08:20 PM

4. I just hope Cuomo doesn't run for President

Our local paper surmised that if Hilary Clinton decides not to run, he'd be a strong contender. I hope they are wrong. There has to be better Democratic candidates than him for our nominee

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread