HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Thank you richmond va pro...

Thu Dec 4, 2014, 10:08 AM

Thank you richmond va protesters

I had to work last night but everyone I worked with was talking about the protest on broad st. We're a bunch of old farts but you folks inspired us. Thank you this isn't a nyc or ferguson problem. This is systemic and needs all of us to not let up.

4 replies, 735 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Thank you richmond va protesters (Original post)
gwheezie Dec 2014 OP
daleanime Dec 2014 #1
lonestarnot Dec 2014 #2
Cha Dec 2014 #3
gwheezie Dec 2014 #4

Response to gwheezie (Original post)

Thu Dec 4, 2014, 10:29 AM

1. Anything special in perticular.....

or was it just that they were there?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Dec 4, 2014, 10:31 AM

2. Please tell us more.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 4, 2014, 10:37 AM

3. Thanks for the news from Richmond, Virginia, gwheezie.. I thank them too.

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 4, 2014, 11:16 AM

4. Their protest grows everyday

Mostly students were out there Monday maybe a few dozen. Last night 100's. They will be back. I remember occupy started here and people thought it died out but it's many of the same people. Anyone who thinks this is going away is naive. I was talking to a few dejected young folks a few years ago and told them they'd be beaten down and some folks would move on but there would be a passionate few who will change tactics learn grow become leaders re emerge. My faith is with these young people who are not going away.
Last night at work when we heard the protesters did a die in and there were 100's it gave us momma's and grandmas hope for the children and grandkids. People who aren't very political talking about the fears we have for the young people in our lives. Trayvon did that. Fear for our brothers and husbands. Garner did that. Fear for our grandbaby boys. Sweet Tamir a little boy who isn't to see his grandma. All the fears and we heard about the protesters. Our tears. Our life. Our hope.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread